Somerset levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Is that Sweet's Peat and Science Museum? I've always wanted to take a look in there (even before it got a cafe). Don't think I can make it tomorrow though.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
There was a Cafe next to the Peat Moors Visitor centre, that is now closed. This one is about half a mile or so on the other side of Westhay on the B3151 where they have the car boot sales on sunday mornings in the summer.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
There was a Cafe next to the Peat Moors Visitor centre, that is now closed. This one is about half a mile or so on the other side of Westhay on the B3151 where they have the car boot sales on sunday mornings in the summer.

BlueDog

Veteran
It was indeed a lovely morning and was a tad over 32 miles – which is my longest to date :biggrin:

Maggot’s new Ribble looks awesome – the last I saw of him, he was rushing off home so he could share a soapy bath with this dirty bike before Mrs M got back :blush:

OP
OP
Iainj837

Iainj837

Guru
I was working the 17th and it was a lovely day missed out on a good ride dam
the cakes and filtered coffee is lovely over @ sweets cafe :bravo:
Sorry not been on for a while but only have limited access to a pc.
If any other rides are about speck has my mobile and home phone give me a call would love a nice long ride with other peeps and not be a billy no mates lol

Regards Iain

vorsprung

Veteran
Are any of you going to the Dunkery Dash Audax on the 28th?

It's 100km from North Petherton to Dunkery Beacon and back

Davidc

Guru
It would kill me! 20 years ago I'd have joined you.

At the other end of the spectrum - anyone fancy a leisurely Sunday morning Levels ride to celebrate the arrival of spring? Say - April when Easter's out of the way? If so what route?

Definitely be up for the kind of route shown by the OP. Based in Clevedon and a usual route would see me down to Cheddar on the A38, across to Wells, out of Wells on that lovely climb and back across the hills toward Burrington, back across the 38 and into Congresbury and back to Clevedon from Yatton. All in all around 50 miles and a very nice ride.

Let us know what you're all up to and always up for as many different routes as possible...BUT I AM BLOODY FED UP WITH POTHOLES. The way I go on, people might mistake my hobby for caving.

BlueDog

Veteran
I too was at Sweets today (around 11:00) it was mobbed by the Clevedon Cycling club (who ate all the cakes!), and then there was the "Ride for Haiti" charity run from Westhay Nature Reserve - congestion on the levels ;)

jeltz

Veteran
BlueDog said:
I too was at Sweets today (around 11:00) it was mobbed by the Clevedon Cycling club (who ate all the cakes!), and then there was the "Ride for Haiti" charity run from Westhay Nature Reserve - congestion on the levels ;)

I was with Somer Valley CC and it must have been closer to 12:00 when we got there. I noticed all the cakes had gone :girl: so I had to have a bacon butty :wacko: such suffering!

Top Bottom