Sort some lights out !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well, no. Have another look at the OP. He saw ALL the cyclists he was complaining about. Same as drivers who see ALL the parked cars with no lights.

My sentence was correct as we had moved on to another conversation but I have removed some of my posts as the thread had become rambling between two of us in the wee small hours. So my sentence did not refer to the OPs original post, but something else.

I appreciate the OP saw all the cyclists with crap lights that he mentioned.

The problem isn't with running into the back of cyclists, as they will be illuminated by the cars headlights, just like the reflectors of a parked vehicle.

However, the only problem I can see happening is on poorly lit roads at a T-Junction. With the driver sat waiting to pull out, an unlit bicycle can be missed, especially when the vehicles lights are not facing in that direction. Though I am guessing that this isn't the circumstances in which the OP encountered these cyclists?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
drebin_bingo.gif

mustang1

Legendary Member
Probably the same thing as motorists with dark cars?
And the same as those stealth planes! And Airwolf. No wait, Airwolf has a white underside. Those crazy Airwolf people.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Have you ever heard someone say, "Well, it's his own fault really; he should have been driving a lighter coloured car..." ?

GC
Good point (and i knew it was coming). But I think a cyclist is a lot smaller, so I'd like to brighten myself up as much as possible.

Ps I believe there is a study to show which car colours are less likely to have an accident due to invisibility. Iirc, yellow was a great colour. I'm on the Porsche website now and they don't even charge extra for it. Woohoo!

Top Bottom