FNRttC Southend on Sea Night Ride Thursday 24th March 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Orange

P1000426.jpg

mmmmartin

Random geezer

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
nicely said.
"It may be a new era of The Fridays as they are without the person who started this incredible journey that has put so many of us achieving distances we never ever thought possible. I hope we did him proud. It is true to say that Fridays rides are a very special thing indeed."
Hear hear. When I first read of the FNRttC, on ACF back in early 2008, it became something to aim for- up until autumn '07 I was doing 20-odd miles a week commuting, not a lot if anything any other time apart from the odd errand. Then, the cycling bug was being reawakened- I did the London Freewheel, had a great time. That November I got that Dahon Jetstream, started building the mileage up.....much fun, and 'lunacy' (to some), and friendship has followed. Simon and all the people I've met on & off line through the FNRs have been an inspiration, and so much more.
And as for our new era, we are Spartacus ;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
West of Tail End Charlie on the Wold, just south of Great Ride Leader & just north of Pootling.
Near Pissingdown then ....

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It was my first Fridays ride, great fun, even if I did find the last couple of hours a bit of a strain. I'll definitely be back, but possibly on something with bigger wheels.
Hi @Peterse12 I rode with you at the end, we chatted a lot. You'l find now you've done one FNRttC the mental barrier has gone and they get easier and more fun. You obviously have the mindset to achieve these. Hope to see you - maybe on Whitstable?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hi @Peterse12 I rode with you at the end, we chatted a lot. You'l find now you've done one FNRttC the mental barrier has gone and they get easier and more fun. You obviously have the mindset to achieve these. Hope to see you - maybe on Whitstable?
^That too. You've gone from 'I can do that', or 'I'd like to do that', to 'I have done that'. And hopefully, 'When's the next one?'.

Top Bottom