Sparassis crispa!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The Mundane News thread is thataway >>>>>

I don't do mundane.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Bog off the lot of you.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As it happens I intend to start a wildly pretentious thread in P&Lite about mushroom ID (for culinary purposes) as a knowledge paradigm applicable to forum intercourse. You're probably disappointed that I haven't got round to it already. But the short answer is that you don't need to know everything, but you do need to know some stuff pretty well. And, more importantly, you need to to what you need to know, and to recognize when you don't know it. Hope that helps. Mushroom hunting is a heady combination of rapid cognition, taxonomy, experience, observation and precautionary principle. Your form on bush crickets suggests that you might need to work on it a bit...
Typical Welsh windbag obfuscation.
I haven't been so insulted since the last time you insulted me.:tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Have I ever had occasion to mention the Stickleback-Eating Spiders of Bog Road - one of the wildlife highlights of the Swansea FNRttC?
You seem to imply that being, how shall I put it, wary of spiders and creepy crawlies as a bad thing. I regard things that might kill you without a second thought, such as our arachnid friends, and 'shrooms that look like an extra from Star Wars, as worth avoiding.
You may never reach the age of reason like what I have at the rate you're going.

Top Bottom