Sparassis crispa!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Couldn't you just get them from a shop.
Oddly, not in this country.

We brought some wild mushrooms back from Stockholm where the market stalls were covered with them. One lot was chanterelles, the other lot was a much meatier shroom. Both tasted utterly delicious and utterly different from each other and from boring old chestnut mushrooms.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
... and he can't even spell self-gratification artist .... Wayne Kerr

swansonj

Guru
Oddly, not in this country.

We brought some wild mushrooms back from Stockholm where the market stalls were covered with them. One lot was chanterelles, the other lot was a much meatier shroom. Both tasted utterly delicious and utterly different from each other and from boring old chestnut mushrooms.
Nice try, but I don't think even buying your wild mushrooms from a market stall in Stockholm quite beats TheClaud's foraging on the Swansea cycle path.

Nice try, but I don't think even buying your wild mushrooms from a market stall in Stockholm quite beats TheClaud's foraging on the Swansea cycle path.
For ages the mushrooms have grown in Swansea, desperate to be cooked and done with, whilst the Swedish edibles induce a kind of traumatic bonding in the purchaser. They're not known as 'Stockholm Sindomes' for nothing!
'The Frydays' - nice name. Does one eat or discard stalks? I would cook them but there's not mushroom in the pan etc...

I lived in Stockholm for 14 years and probably know which market you mean.

I was always amazed at how many of these kantareller there were piled high on the market stalls.
248382529_ea7e05541e_m.jpg

Funnily enough, I didn't particularly like them: they were fried in butter with salt and pepper, and that was all I could taste, not the main item.

swansonj

Guru
After a fashion. Fry Butter, onions, red peppers (or courgettes), possibly garlic, perhaps thyme. Add red lentils. Stir until tenderish, adding just enough water to stop them sticking/burning. Take off heat, add a dash of cream if you like, some chopped parsley if you have it, a farkload of cheese, pepper, salt if it needs it after all that cheese (probably not), and an egg. Chuck in a buttered tin. More cheese on top. Medium oven for something like an hour. Cool in the tin. You don't need to be precise - the worst that can happen is that it will fall apart a bit.
The TC tribute act, as enacted in the Swanson household this evening:
IMG_0441.JPG

Like all tribute acts, I assume it's not as good as the original, but my wife and daughter were diplomatic enough not to complain...

...I know that mushroom!

It's a 'Forage Cap'...and to think 'Dre' only popped into the woods for an elder beret or two...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My friend grows mushrooms in containers all over his house.

He's a jolly cove to pass some time with
He's a funghi to be with

Top Bottom