England : Kent Summer Cinque Ports Ride 6th Aug & 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hill Wimp, please say that this is where you had in mind for lunch.
http://thegallivant.co.uk/
Ooh yes. That was in the paper at the weekend. Looking at taking a trip down there with SWMBO.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Hill Wimp, please say that this is where you had in mind for lunch.
http://thegallivant.co.uk/
I am salivating now and as i am down there on Friday i may have to pop in for lunch, just to try it and ensure the reviews are correct :whistle:. The prices are good and the wine list looks very tempting.

A group of windburnt cyclists may offend the other guests though. However if we end up on the September date it's @User birthday and this may persuade him to come ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I am going to see what the numbers are on Friday 22nd August and go with the date with the maximum people that have shown interest.

People can then book the day and arrange the necessary around it.
22nd is a Monday. The Monday after my daughter's wedding, as it happens. Did you mean the 6th?

U

User10571

I am salivating now and as i am down there on Friday i may have to pop in for lunch, just to try it and ensure the reviews are correct :whistle:. The prices are good and the wine list looks very tempting.

A group of windburnt cyclists may offend the other guests though. However if we end up on the September date it's @User birthday and this may persuade him to come ;)
I was directed to it by someone on LFGSS who ate there recently and had 5p change from a £20 note.
Trouble is, I think that'd be the end of my riding that day.
I'd probably want to stay there. Tempted by their Pimms and G&T picnics which they'll prepare for you take onto the dunes as the sun goes down....

Diggs

Veteran
I was directed to it by someone on LFGSS who ate there recently and had 5p change from a £20 note.
Trouble is, I think that'd be the end of my riding that day.
I'd probably want to stay there. Tempted by their Pimms and G&T picnics which they'll prepare for you take onto the dunes as the sun goes down....
Ohhh a mini tour? I'll bring the Tricross and pack a tent...;)

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Interested. Acts of Southern Railway likely to cause problems for me getting to & from Ashford and Rye though....

An old riding bud of mine (actually has a CC profile but hasn't posted on here in years) lives in Rye. He might have some recommendations for food stops etc, I could ask him if it's of use?
Yes that would be good as whichever date has got over 10 runners and riders and some of the places in Rye are small.
I know the http://kettleofish.co.uk can accommodate quite a few and the choice is more than just fish and chips.
Any hostelries with large gardens would be good if it's a nice day too.

The lure to Camber and G&T on the beach is going to be a strong one to ignore.

Top Bottom