England : Kent Summer Cinque Ports Ride 6th Aug & 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes that would be good as whichever date has got over 10 runners and riders and some of the places in Rye are small.
I know the http://kettleofish.co.uk can accommodate quite a few and the choice is more than just fish and chips.
Any hostelries with large gardens would be good if it's a nice day too.

The lure to Camber and G&T on the beach is going to be a strong one to ignore.
I've used the Ypres Castle a couple of times (one ride, one pub day out) and they have a very large garden. I think the food is excellent but there were complaints from some that it was overpriced.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've used the Ypres Castle a couple of times (one ride, one pub day out) and they have a very large garden. I think the food is excellent but there were complaints from some that it was overpriced.
Recall the portion of chips seemed a bit stingy...

Don't know how set the route is but the Woolpack Inn at Brookland would be a good lunch stop. Going clockwise on the proposed route head north from Lydd along the medieval seawall Instead of through Camber to Rye, nicer cycling roads too.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Don't know how set the route is but the Woolpack Inn at Brookland would be a good lunch stop. Going clockwise on the proposed route head north from Lydd along the medieval seawall Instead of through Camber to Rye, nicer cycling roads too.
I haven't been there for years.It always was nice.

Route not set in stone yet so that's a possibility.

I might be able to meet you on Monday.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Recommendation from that local: http://globeinnmarshrye.com Outdoor space, good food, room for bikes but service can be slow. He reminded me that the prevailing wind will probably be against us & can be brutal across the marsh.
Cheers for that.
Yes that wind, it's always there and always a bugger but if it's a warm day we will glad of it so long as you have factor 90 on.

The recce will be done Monday and I'm down there tomorrow so I will at some point check the suggestions out and report back. The Globe sits just outside the main bit of the town so maybe quieter.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Cheers for that.
Yes that wind, it's always there and always a bugger but if it's a warm day we will glad of it so long as you have factor 90 on.

The recce will be done Monday and I'm down there tomorrow so I will at some point check the suggestions out and report back. The Globe sits just outside the main bit of the town so maybe quieter.
Also the Kettle o' Fish, not a pub but a cafe frequented by bikers of the motorised variety so they are used to large groups needing space outside.

Top Bottom