England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Anyone fancy a ride out around Kent on Sunday 10th June. I would envisage an early start of 8am from Bromley, but I will be riding up from Rochester, leaving about 6.30am
Cafe Stop at Lingfield and lunch at Yalding
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1277602

full.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
count me in Tim

Bear Mc

I'd be up for this but due to work commitments can only start at 11am. Need to do one last century ride before my first Ironman in three weeks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm not around for tomorrow as I'm off for a what's billed as a gentle Kent pootle but I thought it would be worth recommending a trip on the cable car from Greenwich to the Excel centre, or vice versa.
040.jpg

I've just been on it and it's fun, quiet, stable in today's wind, and you get great views of London. As it was pretty busy - the first Saturday since opening - there was a little queuing but if you've got an Oyster card it's quicker (cheaper too) and if you put the bike in the lift you move up the queue when you filter back in. An attendant, who admired my Ergosum handlebars, went ahead and lifted the bench seat on one side for the bike ready for when it carouselled its way round to the boarding point. And the bike gets to climb 290-odd feet in about 30 seconds - it's not often your bike gets to climb that quickly! Good fun, highly recommended, bike friendly, and I'd be up for another crossing next Sunday if anybody else is up for something new to do on the bike in London.
044-2.jpg

U

User10571

Cool! :becool:
I can see the credit on my Oyster card being depleted on a regular basis.

U

User10571

Queues.:sad:

Big fat queues there today.:sad:

Big enough and fat enough to feed a hungry brontosaurus. If you could find one.

Queues.:sad:

Big fat queues there today.:sad:

Big enough and fat enough to feed a hungry brontosaurus. If you could find one.

Aw.:sad:
Next thing, someone will start a ferry service down below, to relieve the queues for the cable car. Then there will be a First Class cabin, 'Name a Car' money-farming, one sponsored by Ginsters (Pie in the Sky) Then there will be a tunnel linking Crossrail with Greenwich Observatory...for people with time on their hands. Oh yes, London is looking up! Roll on the Olympics...can't wait! :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
...............hello! is anyone there? :unsure:

there's a rumour going around that the :sun: will be out on sunday

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
so today i did part of Sigs s/r and on the way back thought i'd try the Emirates airline.

to beat the queues you have to go to the royal docks between 9-11am sunday, there was only 10 people ahead of me. The car doesn't stop just like the London Eye, there was a mild wind today so the car was swinging a bit but it was great fun.

Also this morn while going over southwark bridge i watched some bungee jumping on the millenium bridge

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62382682@N07/sets/72157630585561682/

Top Bottom