England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not bothered where it goes but we are going back to the traditional start time of 9.30
Ooh I love a man who takes charge! :-)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Finally hobbled down to my GP - turns out it wasn't a hammy after all, just some mad sciatica and a recurrence of my disc problems. Great!

Finally hobbled down to my GP - turns out it wasn't a hammy after all, just some mad sciatica and a recurrence of my disc problems. Great!
Oh no! Will it just get better with rest? Hope it sorts itself out quickly!

Martin - Mice and I were talking about riding in Herts this weekend so if there's no London based plan we might do that - you'd be welcome to join though

TBH I think London will be a nightmare on Sunday. I will be heading out for a 28 mile hilly (ish) loop in Herts on sunday afternoon - people are welcome to join. Country lanes, slow climbing, fast descending, something in between on the flat

martint235

Dog on a bike
Why will it be a nightmare? This is what the Sunday ride should be about, pootling and enjoying the sights with the tourists.

I'm still on plan A which is HPC at 9.30

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well myself and Topcat did our bit to keep the Sunday London Ride going in the face of extreme apathy. There's not actually that much of central London closed for the marathon, everything south of the Strand and east of Westminster is closed but that leaves quite a lot open.

However it was the weather that did for us in the end. Half way around Hyde Park (cycle path open) it tipped it down. We sheltered under a tree. It continued to tip it down. We watched other cyclists continue to cycle and it still tipped it down. We gave up and headed for home. I was called "stupid" by another cyclist for taking a corner tightly. I couldn't be bothered to chase him down to discuss the matter. Carried on for home. It's an "interesting" experience riding a wet titanium bike in a thunderstorm. :eek:

The weather had saved its best however. At the top of Shooters Hill, this happened.

IMG_20120805_113257_0.jpg

Got a bit wet.

It was also a day for RLJing. A Barnes cycling club member all the way up New Kent Road, including the E&C roundabout which struck me as a bit suicidal. Then there was the RSNT fan boy on the way home who seemed keen to stay in front of me by RLJing. He didn't manage it :tongue:

It's a shame that the London ride is being killed off. So many people, myself included, have met so many other people thanks to these rides.

Top Bottom