England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
A good ride out. A relaxed 27 miles for me. Met up with old friends I've not seen for a long time, @Mice, @topcat1, @ttcycle, @tdr1nka, one new person @RoubaixCube welcome to the Sunday London Ride. And the usual reprobates @ianrauk, @arallsopp, @rb58 and @Trickedem

Out to Fat Boys for breakfast and back on the ferry.

Likes: London bound the new Deptford setup is good. Dislikes: new cycle lane on the embankment. What a piece of ****, waste of time. New Elephant and Castle setup scared the living daylights out of me. The old version wasn't as bad as that!

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I just got back, Would have been home sooner but i got lost around the olympic park. I havent been back there since they added all the finishing touches and all the construction there was playing a right mess with satnav. I must of been riding around in circles for at least 15-20mins after leaving the group trying to find the right direction that heads towards the hackney marshes...

Anyway... It was a pleasure to meet you all, hopefully we can do the same again soon :smile:

As for now, back to cleaning.....(again) :tongue:

20160214134842_zpsuol5xe59.jpg

20160214134932_zpsrqcfbmtn.jpg

20160214135014_zpsnobqftrz.jpg

Those towpaths were absolutely disgusting.

Trickedem

Guru
A good ride out. A relaxed 27 miles for me. Met up with old friends I've not seen for a long time, @Mice, @topcat1, @ttcycle, @tdr1nka, one new person @RoubaixCube welcome to the Sunday London Ride. And the usual reprobates @ianrauk, @arallsopp, @rb58 and @Tim (well and Tim who's username I can't find.

Out to Fat Boys for breakfast and back on the ferry.

Likes: London bound the new Deptford setup is good. Dislikes: new cycle lane on the embankment. What a piece of ****, waste of time. New Elephant and Castle setup scared the living daylights out of me. The old version wasn't as bad as that!
Nice to see you all today. 35 miles on the clock for me, after riding to Ebbsfleet and catching a high speed train up to Stratford. A chilly day, but the sun was starting to make an appearance, so once I was warmed up it felt like Spring. They were shooting a 50s era film on the Mall, which was interesting and the extras even posed for me. Shame about the hi viz clad jogger in the background.
1080783.jpg
1080784.jpg
1080786.jpg
IMG_20160214_111017872.jpg

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Great to see you all today, a healthy 45 miles for me (elongated as there were no trains at Victoria). Longest ride I've done in...I can't even remember.

Agree with Mart, that cycleway on Embankment is a mess, horrible if you need to be on the other side. It had cycle permeability but there's not often problems with that on Embankment. The strangest part was the fresh tarmac that convinced a few of us that we had slow punctures. No idea what that was about.

Sadly, Hyde Park has had chunks dug out of it and I fear they're putting in another horrible segragated lane.

Anyway, enough grumbling about infrastructure. Fab to see you all, especially those I've not seen in a long while and nice to meet you RC. Let's do another SLR soon.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It was a lovely Sunday London Ride. Great to see you peeps @topcat1 @ianrauk @ttcycle @deckertim @martint235 @RoubaixCube @arallsopp @rb58 @tdr1nka

View attachment 119049 View attachment 119050

A lovely ride around the Capital - even in rather wintery weather! My write up is here http://www.the5milecyclist.com/apps/blog/show/43807366-a-sunny-sunday-london-ride
The Moulton (a little jealous, obv....). Very nice. But flat pedals?

Last edited:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Flat pedals. The maximum float option :smile:
Actually, I'd disagree. The SMGTe has Time Atacs with extremely worn bearings. Not content just to float, they're like pedalling on an air-hockey table! :smile:
I fully expect to lose a pedal on a commute shortly. Time will tell :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

re Fatboys'.
Even though I think the food is not a patch on the original 'mad' chappies food.. soz, his name escapes me.
The friendliness and enthusiasm of the current staff was there in abundance.
Looking at a notice on the side of Fatboy's, it says it's being moved closer to the lighthouse. Though can't see how much closer they can get it.

Oh yes, the old toilet block has gone and been replaced with relatively new modern ones.

Though of course dear User10571 , you may already know all this.

Top Bottom