England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

re Fatboys'.
Even though I think the food is not a patch on the original 'mad' chappies food.. soz, his name escapes me.
The friendliness and enthusiasm of the current staff was there in abundance.
Looking at a notice on the side of Fatboy's, it says it's being moved closer to the lighthouse. Though can't see how much closer they can get it.

Oh yes, the old toilet block has gone and been replaced with relatively new modern ones.

Though of course dear User10571 , you may already know all this.
All news to me, Buddy.
I've not been there probably for a year or so.
As you say, when the pastrami in rye disappeared from the menu, so did my enthusiasm for the place.
As places go, it is still interesting - I like the constantly changing art pieces.
The toilet block going is no bad thing. Dickensian doesn't quite sum it up. Medieval comes closer to it.

Well, seeing as there's photographic evidence somewhere I'll come clean. @Mice took the picture though, so I'll dob her in too.
Thanks!! <goes off to find pics, may be some time as Picasa has changed somewhat since then!>
Look forward to seeing you on a ride soon though @benborp

Mice

PS @topcat1 This is my mini London Bike Show review (preceded by a visit to The Design Museum) that we spoke about. I cant find the cycle shows/cycle exhibitions page on here any more (probably staring me in the face) so I'll put it here

Actually, @RoubaixCube I've suddenly realised that I forgot to say that after our conversation about hill climbing (having a hill allergy that's been made much worse after 10 months off the bike) and how I explained that before cycling to Scotland in 2012 @ttcycle gave me some really great climbing training going up Tulse Hill. It's a drag of a road that just goes on (obviously relative to level ground) and yesterday I inadvertently found myself cycling up the r****y thing on my two-speed Brompton! When I saw the street name I nearly fell off my bike!

Once I reached the top I was well puffed but well chuffed and it cheered me up a lot. I may make it up that hill to Southend <awaits barrage of "What Hill?">

Clearly the recent training on a spin bike are beginning to take effect!

Anyway the most brilliant thing about The Fridays is that without fail the mantra "there is no shame in walking up hills" has been a life-changer for me as I would never ever have gravitated towards longer rides in the beginning if I hadn't been allowed to walk up certain hills. This may well apply on the ride to Southend.

Fingers crossed you can join us on one of the rides soon.

Mice

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
@Mice you did actually mention that you strictly avoid routes with hills (or something along those lines)

I wont be taking part on the southend ride as that friday i get double pay at work. I love to ride my bike but money has a much sweeter voice :tongue:

@Mice you did actually mention that you strictly avoid routes with hills (or something along those lines)

I wont be taking part on the southend ride as that friday i get double pay at work. I love to ride my bike but money has a much sweeter voice :tongue:

Hahahaha I do avoid hills, sadly yesterday I was lost!! Wont be making that mistake tomorrow!!

Sorry you cant make the Southend ride but earning money seems excellent plan!

Mice

Top Bottom