England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also the mid sunday of the olympics, with shoot weather and after a FNRTTC with a substantial return leg is perhaps not the best day to judge peoples' level of apathy on. I agree the sunday london ride used to be fun

in the face of extreme apathy.
Ooooo harsh, Mart! :smile: I have just changed a tyre and tube + replaced a stem from the Swansea ride...now that's apathy! (My 'Dieppe bike' is still in the bag - grubby, dismantled etc...another thing to do...:rolleyes: )
Actually, people's expectations have grown re: this 'Commute without going to work' ride, and, once upon a time it was a no plan / just go thing - uncomplicated and of sufficient length to allow chat, ride and possibly a stop for 'ellevenses' to intervene (onesies in Greenwich once - lovely! :smile:) - without gobbling up the whole day. (Spectacular one-offs like '3fingerjoe's Day Out' courtesy of Topcat and User10571 excepted, of course!). Things change I guess, and with the influx and geography of riders, so do timings and expectations. Many rides have emanated from the original philosophy but the key thing is to enjoy it I suppose. When I can, I'll still wheel into town and say "Good Morning" to Bent Mikey, and revel in the foamers at Speakers Corner - that's all I need for it to be a good Sunday ride - anything. One day, I'm going to do Shooters Hill and stop at the top!

gbs

Guru
It's an "interesting" experience riding a wet titanium bike in a thunderstorm. :eek:

I

Martin, I had the same experience in deepest Surrey on Sunday morning but did not permit myself to think about it. However, I don't suppose frame material will have much influence on the outcome if a rider suffers a direct strike.

PS I will watch yr thread re sept 20th and may throw my hat into the ring later.

iLB

Hello there
Anyone around in the morning? I'm going to drink beer on primrose hill early afternoon, but free in the morning and riding up anyway.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
If i can shake the jetlag, i may be available to head into town. Im always in the cinderella club, and the SLR has slowly expanded to be generally in conflict with such obligations. Morning will tell, either way... :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Well, am awake. At least. I think.

Probably will head into town. Won't be there for 9:30 though.

Ow. Head. Hurts. Ow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Okey Dokey.. I will be out to play.
8.30 at the Dripping Tap in Bromley.
9.30HPC for a toodle oodle doo to whereever for chat and coffee/tea etc

Top Bottom