Swap Shop or Tiswas

So what kind of kid were you?

• Swap Shopper

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tiswaser

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Swap shop appealed to the geek in me, Tiswas appealed to the psychopath in me!!! :biggrin:

You wouldn't get Tiswas on the air now - it'd be tooooooo dangerous - besides, can you imagine the thickness of the risk assessment! :sad:

mondobongo

Über Member
I started off with Swap Shop guess its an age thing can remember the first episode and the phone no as I got older migrated towards Tiswas although I did used to have a flick over now and again.

strofiwimple

Veteran
It's Friday, it's five to five and it's CRACKERJACK!

many apologies for you young things who can't remember it but it was the mutts nuts at the time, the thought of getting a crackerjack pencil was the stuff of dreams :biggrin:.

Maz

Guru
Tiswas for me.
Occasionally watched Swap Shop to see what swaps were made...I would gasp in amazement when kids would swap their 'scalextric' for 'anything'.

What?! Absolutely 'anything'?!!

Mr Phoebus

Maz said:
Tiswas for me.
Occasionally watched Swap Shop to see what swaps were made...I would gasp in amazement when kids would swap their 'scalextric' for 'anything'.

What?! Absolutely 'anything'?!!

How about a 'broken' Scalextric? :evil:

Andy

Greedo said:
service_14_2.jpg

It was Swap Shop for me until I learned of the subject of the above picture, if I'd had the nerve as a youngster I would have phoned up Noel and asked if I could swap him for Sally James on the telly. Gaaawwwwdddd how good is that photo. Sorry!!;)

Maz

Guru
cisamcgu said:
01 811 8055 :biggrin: - It has been stuck in my head for 30 odd years :smile:
I just rang that number a few minutes ago...got straight through to The Banker's phone on Deal or No Deal?

Spooky!:smile:;)

OP
OP
G

Greedo

That's weird. I rang it earlier and Mr Blobby answered! :smile:

Maz said:
I just rang that number a few minutes ago...got straight through to The Banker's phone on Deal or No Deal?

Spooky!:biggrin:;)

ITV certainly had the better class of presenter...

Remember a similar rivalry between Magpie and Blue Peter

Jenny Hanley:

hotpants-50-1971-jenny-hanley.jpg

or Valerie Singleton?

3singletonPA_200x350.jpg

mmmmmm - let me think about that for a while.................

Top Bottom