Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
is anyone having problems getting on the bkool site I'm trying to programme a ride but cant access the site
I had some trouble programming a ride so just joined a live one instead.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Thanks for that AAAC!!! I was feeling stressed out enough already and then came into work only to be faced with reading this. :banghead:
Just remember that there's Scottish people around who might take a turn for the worse upon reading that some people change out perfectly good car parts that still have hundreds if not thousands of miles left in them before they actually break apart.:cry: Even worse, that there's people out there who spend a small fortune diagnosing a fault by simply replacing all possible parts.:eek:

Anyway at least I don't feel so bad about having to change out the coolant in my new old car because I don't know if there's any antifreeze in it. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and shell out the £16 and hopefully be able to syphon enough of it out without actually having to get underneath the car. Fortunately the oil seems well enough topped up, if a little black so that should be good for another 4 years or 20,000 miles. My last old banger lasted 20,000 miles without a service and it finally died because one of the doors refused (and I mean refused!!!) to open and I broke everything within the door trying to open it. So I kind of wonder how far a car will go without any servicing, apart from perhaps the occasional oil top-up. I think 50,000 miles is possible if the car keeps getting it's mot which for me would probably be 10 years at my present mileage.

Well that's cheered me up a bit :smile:. Time to have a think about tonight's turbo ride :hyper:

I feel a bit of a prize pile-OK for getting my diagnosis wrong but it seemed almost obvious, particularly based on the past fault.
I will let my BMW Indy know that he probably got it wrong 2 years ago as well!
Your idea of literally running a car into the ground is to some degree very good sense but for me my car is also a hobby, all be a tad more expensive than indoor cycling.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I had no resistance adjustment when using my vectors as the main source. My test run session went from -5% to +11%. At no time did the trainer increase or decrease resistance.

I guess if you trainer is not paired then why would it so unless you can pair both the trainer will not be communicating with BSim or am I missinng something fundamental.
If I get in my car and pair my ipod with my radio then my phone won't connect as I only have the option to pair one thing but then again my ipod does not read watts.
However saying that if I load certain apps onto it can communicate with my OBD wifi sensor and calculate power from speed altitude rate change and weight (does that sound familiar).

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I was just confirming what happened with a power meter only manual setup. Lars had an oddity on his test runs with a power meter, check back through his posts as I can't remember exactly how he had his setup when it happened. Something like more speed for the same power, but I not sure..

LBHIFI

Veteran
I was just confirming what happened with a power meter only manual setup. Lars had an oddity on his test runs with a power meter, check back through his posts as I can't remember exactly how he had his setup when it happened. Something like more speed for the same power, but I not sure..
It was just in auto pairing mode. It picks up both bkool and the power meter. And yes, this gives me more speed. At least on flat sections.

...and btw, I was not using my BePro power pedals in the chaingang velodrome session ^_^.

Last edited:

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Tonight's Handicap Chase is a special Handicap Climb with adjusted rider weights to equalize Watts/Kg

Session is password protected, password is announced in the main thread as soon as the session is up and running!

Course is Chapel Fell

The warm-up will start close to 8:00pm BST (UTC+1) to ensure the race starts around 8:10pm BST (UTC+1).

Everyone taking part should adjust their weight to the allocated value before entering the warm up, preferably with at least 5 minutes to go.

Weights are generally reduced, in some cases considerably, to achieve the target Watts/Kg, so speeds should be higher than usual. The main part of the session should not take more than around 20 minutes, and in any case less than 30 minutes, to avoid changing Fitness Levels. Anyone taking longer than 30 minutes would be advised to discard their session without saving.

The Start (for everyone) should be between 8:05 and 8:10, when the warm-up ends.

Once underway, there is a short neutralized zone (0.0625 miles or 0.1 km) to avoid taking advantage of the lowered resistance at start, where no-one is allowed to overtake @JLaw (or if he is not present, you must gradually increase speed to a maximum of 20 mph (32 kph) until you pass the 0.0625 (0.1 km) point.

If anyone else wants to take part, please can you let us know here and we can work out a weight Handicap from your FTP power value or similar.

upload_2016-9-20_9-24-37-png.144706

bridgy

Legendary Member
At 200 watt, it looks the same as me, Bob and Andy.
I don't think there's any significant difference between mine and Andy's speed at any wattage, and no difference between manual and auto. It's hard to be VERY scientific about it because it's so hard to maintain steady watts so the speed's constantly changing, but I can't see a major difference. Not sure what this tells us...!

Top Bottom