Tesco / O2 Windows Phone Coverage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Anyone here use a Tesco or O2 phone ?
What is the coverage like ?
I live on the outskirts of Bristol & according to the 'coverage map' it looks pretty good !

Also does anyone use the Cyclometer app on a Windows phone - apparently you can upload any rides to Strava ?

AndyRM

XOXO
Tesco runs on O2s network. Coverage in Newcastle is great, superior to 3, Vodafone and Orange IME. Plus, their customer service is top notch and the chaps who run their social media are very witty.

Longshot

I went to Tesco a couple of years ago having used nearly all of the main networks at one time or another. Excellent coverage and the only one that works in my bit of rural Surrey :rolleyes:

I went to Tesco a couple of years ago having used nearly all of the main networks at one time or another. Excellent coverage and the only one that works in my bit of rural Surrey :rolleyes:
didn't work where we used to live (in Surrey) or where I worked(in Surrey)... hence why I never bothered with a mobile phone previously (no network coverage on anything for both places and my commute in between). Both not that far from Guildford

Get a signal in this part of rural Cheshire though... and they are the only people who get a signal at my parents' home in Alsager (also Cheshire, just not rural at all!)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When I was on Orange I could only get a signal by holding my phone up to a window, or by going out into the street. I am now on Giffgaff which uses the O2 network, and I get a good signal everywhere in my house, and in most places around the town. Some big buildings do seem to block the signal though - I couldn't get a signal yesterday in the new town hall building, or last week in a cafe in a converted mill building.

Longshot

When I was on Orange I could only get a signal by holding my phone up to a window, or by going out into the street. I am now on Giffgaff which uses the O2 network, and I get a good signal everywhere in my house, and in most places around the town. Some big buildings do seem to block the signal though - I couldn't get a signal yesterday in the new town hall building, or last week in a cafe in a converted mill building.

From recollection (and absolutely no technical expertise) I believe that O2 and Vodafone have the lowest frequencies and, as a result, work better in buildings than those networks with higher frequencies.

U

User6179

Been on Tesco/02 for nearly ten years without any problems , they seem to be the cheapest and also offer capped contracts so you cant go over a certain amount , not sure if all the networks do this now ?.

Top Bottom