The annoying thing about helmets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
If you haven't taken your helmet off and bang you head on a "Mind your head" sign because you failed to allow for the extra height of the helmet.

swansonj

Guru
But if you fell in head first you'd just bob along upside down till someone saw you and dragged you out by the legs.

You really should think these things through Carl, or people will think you're a fool.
Ahem. Aren't you both arrogantly assuming that everyone lives in the northern hemisphere where gravity goes the right way? Pity the poor sap who falls into the water, wearing a helmet, upside down, in Australia - all that and having to contend with backwards gravity too.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Ahem. Aren't you both arrogantly assuming that everyone lives in the northern hemisphere where gravity goes the right way? Pity the poor sap who falls into the water, wearing a helmet, upside down, in Australia - all that and having to contend with backwards gravity too.
And being Australia, The Man is responsible for you having the lid on in the first place. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

They were probably drinking beer, if they were i the pub...

:okay:
There we go again

Unfounded assumptions

They could be drinking lager, cider or girly drinks like wine or cocktails

I suspect that as only real men drink beer that head injuries are regarded as inconsequential and under reported when compared to lager drinkers who are all squinnies and over report

the_craig

Über Member
There we go again

Unfounded assumptions

I suspect that as only real men drink beer that head injuries are regarded as inconsequential and under reported when compared to lager drinkers who are all squinnies and over report

Lager is beer. But I digress.

Perhaps I should have put a * on my original post but they will be far more likely to be drinking beer than Helmets...

*other (worse) drinks are available

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
What really annoys me about helmets is that I pay a fortune to wear one just like the Pro's but it doesn't actually make me go as fast as them. Are there other benefits only available when falling off my bike?

jongooligan

Legendary Member
They're awkward when they're on your head - they're a bloody nuisance when they're not on your head. They only do one thing (badly). They're wildly overpriced for what you get. They make you look like a massive dork.
The worst thing are the pads after they've been through the dog. Where's the puking smiley?

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
There we go again

Unfounded assumptions

Just for avoidance of doubt, they were drinking beer but girly light-coloured stuff. Dizzy Blonde for those who still care. Another point is that one of them had a CAMRA beer-spotter's guide.

They're awkward when they're on your head - they're a bloody nuisance when they're not on your head. They only do one thing (badly). They're wildly overpriced for what you get. They make you look like a massive dork.
The worst thing are the pads after they've been through the dog. Where's the puking smiley?

I wera a Tilley hat

They survive bowel transit!:

"Elephant trainer Michael Hackenberger of the Bowmanville (Ontario) Zoo, had his Tilley Hat snatched from his head and eaten by an elephant. Three times. Michael later would find and pick up his Hat, wash it thoroughly, and wear it. He had declined to accept a new Tilley Hat in order that we may have his well-traveled Tilley for our museum. (We were secretly pleased!)" Alex Tilley, Ontario

Top Bottom