The annoying thing about helmets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I wish I was joking. Just last Thursday evening, the Hole, a group of 4 cyclists came in and sat round a table slowly sipping their pints while retaining their helmets in place. Why? I do not know, perhaps they were scared they would be stolen or damaged.
Know what you mean, a woman at the radio recording we went to last week turned up in commuter kit, with helmet on, stood chatting to her friends in the bar before the show for about an hour, with the helmet on, and then only took it off after she'd sat in her seat for the show (just as I'd finally gone 'right, I'm taking a picture of this for proof', grr.) My assumption was that she was a CC'er who'd heard how dangerous walking was and was taking no chances.

tyred

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3835017, member: 259"]It's very hard to incorporate them into limericks, as they only really rhyme with 'pelmets'.[/QUOTE]

It's been statistically proven that riding with a pelmet on your head drastically increases the clearance given by passing motorists**

**but only if combined with hi-vis curtains and the motorist happens to be driving an Austin Princess at the time

tyred

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3835017, member: 259"]It's very hard to incorporate them into limericks, as they only really rhyme with 'pelmets'.[/QUOTE]

It's been statistically proven that riding with a pelmet on your head drastically increases the clearance given by passing motorists**

**but only if combined with hi-vis curtains and the motorist happens to be driving an Austin Princess at the time

AndyRM

XOXO
I can see their point. There are a few pubs I have been in where wearing a cycle helmet would make sense; as would full body armour!
Come to think about it; they are probably much more useful in a pub than they are on a bike .... I wonder what the stats are on head injuries in pubs v head injuries on cycles? I would place more faith in a plastic hat protecting me from a glancing blow from a pool cue more than I would from an off on a bike.

Wallsend's a bit of a hike to go for a beer!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The most annoying thing about lids, is that wearing them when riding hasn't been made compulsory:popcorn:.:smile:

Cheap trollery.

Yebbut funny, and funny wins. :biggrin:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Twenty years ago, we got our one-year-old daughter into a nursery up the road a bit, and bought a cycle trailer to transport her there, It had quite a big novelty value, and on the first day, pretty well all the nursery staff came out to see me put her into it at the end of the day. I managed to pinch her skin in the clasp of one of the straps. She, understandably, screamed blue murder for the next fifteen minutes. I do not think I created a good impression of cycling Dads.

I got my front wheel caught in the mini rwilway track in Heaton Park near Manchester and flipped my trailer with the 2 youngest in it. I was mortified, people nearby had a bit of a worried look on their face, the kids were safely strapped in, half upside down, howling laughing and shouting do it again....do it again......

Testament to the strength of Burley trailers.

Top Bottom