The annoying thing about helmets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

The most annoying thing about them is the need to wear one.

I do wear one, I'd prefer not to! I don't really want to get into the specifics, but I quite like my head. I'd prefer my hair to remain on my scalp, I'd prefer not to have any more scars on my head, I would personally like a layer of high density padding between me and a car, road, pavement, or anything else for that matter. It's like people wearing, or not wearing seat belts. I wear one. I've never had to use it to its full, But I wear one, irrespective of the law.

I'm not into promoting safer cycling to the masses by removing it. So I'll continue to wear one until someone categorically outlaws the use of one. I have the responsibility of raising a child now. I think she'd prefer her dad without serious scarring or worse.

I do like the idea of a cycling cap underneath though. So roll on winter.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The most annoying thing about them is the need to wear one.

I do wear one, I'd prefer not to! I don't really want to get into the specifics, but I quite like my head. I'd prefer my hair to remain on my scalp, I'd prefer not to have any more scars on my head, I would personally like a layer of high density padding between me and a car, road, pavement, or anything else for that matter. It's like people wearing, or not wearing seat belts. I wear one. I've never had to use it to its full, But I wear one, irrespective of the law.

I'm not into promoting safer cycling to the masses by removing it. So I'll continue to wear one until someone categorically outlaws the use of one. I have the responsibility of raising a child now. I think she'd prefer her dad without serious scarring or worse.

I do like the idea of a cycling cap underneath though. So roll on winter.

Just wait till I'm world leader...

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Please say that you are joking-what on earth is the matter with these people??Mind you,that said,we have a local chap who comes in one of the bars in Carlisle in full Castelli lycra and on only one occasion has he been seen in company with a bike!Bizarre!
I wish I was joking. Just last Thursday evening, the Hole, a group of 4 cyclists came in and sat round a table slowly sipping their pints while retaining their helmets in place. Why? I do not know, perhaps they were scared they would be stolen or damaged.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The most annoying thing about helmets is that if you get one with good ventilation the shopping falls out of it
You need to arrange the bananas to form a larger basket.
lwsm_fruit-hat_7472.jpg

Hyslop

Veteran
I wish I was joking. Just last Thursday evening, the Hole, a group of 4 cyclists came in and sat round a table slowly sipping their pints while retaining their helmets in place. Why? I do not know, perhaps they were scared they would be stolen or damaged.
How peculiar,the helmets werent made of tinfoil with Giro inked in green were they?Either that or the beer was very strong!Hope you didnt break cover:smile:

Herbie

Veteran
OK keeping it light and preferably argument free what's the annoying things about helmets to start here's a few

They're always too tight just before I have my hair cut and too loose just after

They're designed for impact resistance yet they need replacing following an impact?

I hate the way mine one looks like a giant mushroom on my head .....other peoples helmets always look a better fit and are more streamlined than mine .....

Herbie

Veteran
I'd say most annoying thing, in theory, is when you get a wasp trapped in your helmet, and he get's cross with you. I got some silly overpriced insert things for my helmet which are supposed to stop this from happening.

Also the cold sweaty thing can be annoying, and a bit gross.

Losing bits of padding when (if), you eventually wash them.

Not remembering or being able to figure out where they go when you've removed them.

Forgetting them only to find out they are mandatory at an event.

Getting a really posh new (second hand) one, and finding that somebody cut off the end of the strap just short enough that it's slightly tight when you buckle it up!

Second hand helmets.....yuk....that's like wearing second hand pants

Top Bottom