The annoying thing about helmets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
So annoying isn't it.

When my uncle was telling me about the brain hemmorrhage he suffered when after he smacked his head on the kerb cycling back from the pub (no helmet), I almost gave him another one I was so annoyed. *

I definitely wouldn't annoy anybody by telling them about when I nearly broke my helmet smacking it on compacted snow (ice) on a ski run at 40 mph. Anyway that was skiing, so not remotely relevant.

Oh bugger what have I done!

* P.s. by the time he was operated on, apparently he was hours at most from permanent brain damage or death.
That's this thread farked.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I'd say most annoying thing, in theory, is when you get a wasp trapped in your helmet, and he get's cross with you. I got some silly overpriced insert things for my helmet which are supposed to stop this from happening.

Also the cold sweaty thing can be annoying, and a bit gross.

Losing bits of padding when (if), you eventually wash them.

Not remembering or being able to figure out where they go when you've removed them.

Forgetting them only to find out they are mandatory at an event.

Getting a really posh new (second hand) one, and finding that somebody cut off the end of the strap just short enough that it's slightly tight when you buckle it up!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The mist annoying thing over all these is the anti helmet people who try to stop someone from wearing a helmet if they so wish. My grandad fought in the war to allow me to occasionally wear a helmet, some random people on the Internet are not going to stop me :laugh:

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
I don't annoy people by telling them how my father rode into his 90s and never had an injury which wearing a beetlehat* would have prevented.

* Thank you Moon bunny.

You should annoy them telling them this. The lack of a beetlehat was undoubtably the primary reason for his longevity, and surely if he'd fallen on his head and broken it, he probably would have taken half a disprin and got back on his bike. It was like that in the good old days.

Hyslop

Veteran
People wear them in pubs.
They look like a giant brain eating beetle is attacking the wearer.
Please say that you are joking-what on earth is the matter with these people??Mind you,that said,we have a local chap who comes in one of the bars in Carlisle in full Castelli lycra and on only one occasion has he been seen in company with a bike!Bizarre!

Hyslop

Veteran
The mist annoying thing over all these is the anti helmet people who try to stop someone from wearing a helmet if they so wish. My grandad fought in the war to allow me to occasionally wear a helmet, some random people on the Internet are not going to stop me :laugh:
My Father fought a war,wearing a helmet so that I too might have the freedom to wear a helmet,and his Father,....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
People wear them in pubs.
They look like a giant brain eating beetle is attacking the wearer.
Apparently they're useful protection for when they fall over. You can get water- and beer-proof caps that fit over the top to keep your head dry when the beer starts flying. Your dry-viz will get you noticed at the bar too.
31305YSM.jpg

Top Bottom