The annoying thing about helmets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A while ago, I bought a pair of army surplus arctic rated long johns on ebay. "MOD Extreme Weather" or something. There was an indelible brown/yellow stain somewhere near the groin area. The seller told me it was due to a leak of hydraulic fluid at the storage depot.

They were really warm and cost pennies.

Totally OT...

It is a test for hydration.

If you get dark yellow stains then you are not drinking enough fluid

speccy1

Anyone else ever got their helmet caught in a zip? Not just the wraparound visor?
Yes:blush::blush::blush:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
And this actually happens? You have encountered a "wear a helmet no ride" policy? People occasionally proposing legislation to make it illegal to wear a helmet? That sort of thing?

Plenty of posts on the forum saying that those of us who choose to wear a helmet w
The way they always go, and always as a result of people of a certain mindset feeling it appropriate to try to tell other people what to do.
I totally agree, it really winds me up when people are told not to wear a helmet as it will only lead to compulsion. I say a free choice for everyone.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
As matters stand, no one evet tells you not to wear one. At most you might occasionally be asked to consider it. I'll repeat my earlier question, have you ever turned up for a ride and been turned away because you were wearing one? Has anyone ever proposed legislation to make it illegal to wear one? When these things happen, I might take your attempt to suggest parity in this seriously.

There are plenty of posts suggesting very strongly that I should not wear a helmet to stop compulsion coming in.
Naturally you would not be stopped from going on a ride with one and obviously no law has been proposed to make it illegal to wear one. Such a thing is preposterous, as is compulsion. That does not alter the fact that I want free choice for all - to wear or not to wear you chose. I will defend against pro-compulsion if anyone was actually suggesting it on this forums as I do against statements telling people not to wear them.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
[QUOTE 3836051, member: 45"]Good luck with that...[/QUOTE]
Easy peasy - I have access to the delete button - as several posters may realise when they return to this thread!
Mwahahaha :evil:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Then perhaps you'd care to operate as a Moderator normally would and make a note of why things have been deleted - rather than simply deleting posts and making a rather silly "Mwahahaha" post.

Or even move the thread to the Helmets sub-forum where it clearly belongs.
No, the thread clearly belongs in the cafe.
I assumed that having deliberately ignored a moderator post to keep things on topic (which is off topic in this case), you would realise why your post had been deleted. And this is the cafe, so silly posts are in order. If you want to start a thread in the helmet forum, no-one's stopping you.

And I would also refer you to the rules that you signed up to, specifically:
  • Moderation – Staff members have the final say on anything. If they ask you to do something, please consider doing it. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly but not publicly. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately (but calmly, respectfully and constructively), contact a staff member or the site owner and we will review the situation.

Staff are trusted forum members who volunteer their time to help manage the community and assist members to use the site. As such we will not stand for any harassment or abuse of the team and will address it first with short-term temporary exclusion from our community, and if repeated, permanent exclusion; for the avoidance of doubt – do it a second time and your account will be closed.

Staff may queue, suspend or close the accounts of anyone who wilfully violates or shows disregard for our User Guidelines, staff or our community; continually needs warning; monopolises staff time; or who tries to damage the community or its reputation.

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

Is it really so hard for people to keep things lighthearted and funny.. even if it's only the tiniest bit funny or are we destined to become an argumentative species for no reason

Thanks for the input @Spinney we can but try and save humanity..

Back on topic now...
The chin strap tries to garrote you if you dare to wear it the how the manufacturers illustrations show

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Wouldn't it be annoying if, when cycling along a towpath you fell off your bike into the water and because the helmet floats and you died by hanging yourself with the chin strap. That would be quite annoying I think, yes almost certainly annoying.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Wouldn't it be annoying if, when cycling along a towpath you fell off your bike into the water and because the helmet floats and you don't you died by hanging yourself with the chin strap. That would be quite annoying I think, yes almost certainly annoying.
But if you fell in head first you'd just bob along upside down till someone saw you and dragged you out by the legs.

You really should think these things through Carl, or people will think you're a fool.

Top Bottom