The best thing about being retired is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Congratulations, how long have you been retired?

I've been home based / retired for some time but Mrs PK retired in January, that is when the alarm clock was switched off.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Doing what you want to do when i want to do it. To be honest i got a bit bored after the first 6 months, i started working 2 days a week and am loving it, still get time to ride the bike when the weather is good and do all the things i need to do.:okay:

Slick

Guru
I've been home based / retired for some time but Mrs PK retired in January, that is when the alarm clock was switched off.
Congratulations to the both of you. I'm sure it took some getting used to for both of you, but your obviously making the most of it, so we'll done.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I personally planned for early retirement at age fifty five, all good except for the almost five year old tearaway we have guardianship of, he rarely sleeps beyond 6.30am and he takes great delight in making sure we are wide awake and taking care of his needs every morning. No rest for the wicked, I wouldn't have it any other way even when i think about the fact that I will be seventy years of age when our young charge reaches the age of sixteen.
Ain't life great ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Being able to sit in shopping centres all day so you don't have to put the central heating on?
Bah! Central hearing?! This is all i have to keep me warm!:cursing:
Old-fashioned-electric-ba-012.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4584629, member: 9609"]Don't think I have had a moments boredom since I packed it in 6 years ago, the days are just not long enough - I used to get bored witless at work.[/QUOTE]

You had the wrong job.

I am just about to go swimming and often each morning I am the only one still working the rest are retired, they just do not lie in bed each morning.

With so few days in a lifetime I want to sleep just enough and no more.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There are so many upsides to retirement that I couldn't list them all, but I think the incredible feeling of smugness comes pretty high on the list.:angel:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
[QUOTE 4584796, member: 9609"]it was the right job in that in raised enough money to retire at 50, but the long hours and virtually no time off makes me wonder if it was 30+ years wasted, you don't get good jobs though when you leave school with no qualifications.[/QUOTE]
I left school at 14 with no qualifications, but i have enjoyed most of the jobs i have had. I miss a lot of the banter and messing around, It's nice to be able to pick the days i want to work, if i want an extra day i just take it,

screenman

Legendary Member
I left school at 14 with no qualifications, but i have enjoyed most of the jobs i have had. I miss a lot of the banter and messing around, It's nice to be able to pick the days i want to work, if i want an extra day i just take it,

I left school at 15 with zero qualifications, but at 19 I went self employed and have enjoyed most of my days at work and I still do 41 years later. I think Reivers post about not getting good jobs with no qualifications is so wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom