The CycleChat Helmet Debate Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok so being a pedestrian is "likely to result in significant injury" therefore it must be dangerous, thanks. (Maybe it's all the senior citizens tripping over). I'm just gonna stay indoors forever, bugger, but I'll probably bang my head on a cupboard door........

So cupboard doors are dangerous?

Would wearing a helmet help?

Ok so being a pedestrian is "likely to result in significant injury" therefore it must be dangerous, thanks. (Maybe it's all the senior citizens tripping over). I'm just gonna stay indoors forever, bugger, but I'll probably bang my head on a cupboard door........

The reality is that more head injury admission and deaths would be prevented by pedestrian than cycle helmets.

Yet no-one seems to care about pedestrian deaths and injuries.

Tin Pot

Guru

By your logic, yes.

Is it now finally time to reassess your logic?

So, if being at home isnt dangerous, maybe being a pedestrian isn't dangerous.

And if being a pedestrian isn't dangerous, maybe being a cyclist...EUREKA!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Look I know where this is going - "well why don't you where a helmet whilst walking to the shops" blah blah.....
Based on personal experience I've never crashed whilst walking to the shops or drinking beer or climbing a ladder or driving to the shops or being a passenger in a car or playing football, but I have crashed several cycles and a couple of motorcycles.
Do you see the inconsistency in your way of thinking?

Thought not. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If's and but's and maybe's.....

A bit like making claims that cycling is dangerous?

Like the Melons

If you accept this standard for dismiss that being a pedestrian is dangerous, then it is hypocritical to accept the same standard to "prove" that cycling is dangerous

Top Bottom