The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Man City 3 Wigan 2
I wish. Congrats to Wigan, who deserved it, and Uwe for very clearly working city out.

I can't see City winning the prem - there's hints of the same ennui that seemed to bugger them up during Mancini's last season. If I were a betting man, I'd have more money on a 3rd or 4th place than 2nd.

Having said that, they'll maybe put 3 past Barcalona on Wednesday. Despite the gazillions, you never know which City will turn up.

sickboyblue

Just tuning into to Wigan/City and it's great to see Uwe Rosler both alive and building himself a decent reputation as a manager. Every club has players who live on in the fans' affections long after they've left and Uwe's relationship with City is more poignant than most. Check out one of his interviews online if you don't know the backstory.

And remember, it is established historical fact that Uwe Rosler's dad bombed Old Trafford :whistle:
It was his grandad.... :thumbsup:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was just thinking (rarely a good idea), normally Arsenal's season has fallen apart by now. But, heck, they might even win a cup this year. Midweek Bayern is probably a lost cause but they're having an unusually durable season.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
_73468037_477419201.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
next season's Man City kit. The models are really working it...

wool_jer_ss_13.jpg
ss_wool.jpg
wool_jer_ss_12.jpg
wool_jer_ss_11.jpg

You missed the best one!

8431935045_4a498a105a.jpg

thom

____
So if Putin keeps up this carry on and economic sanctions are targeted against Russian oligarchs, what happens to Chelsea and Arsenal ?

MarkF

Guru
Scottish fitba is rarely discussed in here, but I thought I'd link to the delusions of David Weir, a man I once respected.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26559517
Apparently, Rangers deserve 'more credit' for spunking £30m to win part time leagues and are on the verge of financial ruin again.
Aye, very good David. The other ones got bells on.

Their fans need to take action into their own hands and not buy any season tickets, with nearly 40k forking out for them, they hold the power to change their club's bizarre mindset. This story speaks volumes, they have no sense of reality, any idiot coach could cherry pick players and get Rangers back-to-back promotions..... whilst making large profits! Losing £15 million quid whilst gaining promotion from what would be England's 7th/8th tier is nothing to give yourself a big pat on the back for.

AndyRM

XOXO
Their fans need to take action into their own hands and not buy any season tickets, with nearly 40k forking out for them, they hold the power to change their club's bizarre mindset. This story speaks volumes, they have no sense of reality, any idiot coach could cherry pick players and get Rangers back-to-back promotions..... whilst making large profits! Losing £15 million quid whilst gaining promotion from what would be England's 7th/8th tier is nothing to give yourself a big pat on the back for.

You are absolutely spot on with all of this. Sadly, they are ra peepul and I don't think they will ever learn. There's a chap of Rangers persuasion in my office who believes they have been unjustly punished for their substantial financial crimes, and also reckons that the league successes have been hard fought. Mental.

Top Bottom