The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Agree Andy, don't hear people saying the same about Portugal and now Germany and Greece are dominated by only one team! Scotland has just 2 semi-large cities, 2 tiddlers then the rest of the towns would do well to support an English L2 club. The fact that Scotland has so many pro and semi pro clubs is astonishing and testament to their love of football.

AndyRM

XOXO
Agree Andy, don't hear people saying the same about Portugal and now Germany and Greece are dominated by only one team! Scotland has just 2 semi-large cities, 2 tiddlers then the rest of the towns would do well to support an English L2 club. The fact that Scotland has so many pro and semi pro clubs is astonishing and testament to their love of football.

You missed La Liga, Eredivisie, Serie A and countless other leagues around the world which feature a tiny pool of league dominance.

I suppose the main difference with many other leagues is that they have nurtured their own players and achieved international success.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Unbelievable. We can beat all the top teams no problem, with ease even, bring on the lesser teams and it's a different bloody matter.
Mother, bless her if she was alive, would have had a field day.
Sorry, only recalled you mentioning your Mum was a staunch Palace fan.

MarkF

Guru
Palace were excellent, every time I watch them I can't work where Jedinak is supposed to be playing, that guy gets involved in everything and never stops working.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Arsenal's second half performance put my falling apart predictions on hold. I didn't think they could get a point from that game.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sunderland in the Championship... Gus Poyet will feel at home. 3 [even 4] games in hand but what games!

Sunderland are gubbed. I struggle to understand what they saw in Poyet, after their last appointment from the lower leagues went so well... A chap I play football with works for the club in their media department and is similarly baffled. I think they will struggle in the Championship.

Disappointed to see Norwich get rid of Hughton, especially when it looks like they are safe. I have mixed feelings about seeing Neil 'Green Teeth' Lennon linked with the job. On the one hand, I'd be happy for him to have no further involvement in Scottish football. On the other, I have a soft spot for Norwich and he's an incapable fool of a manager who has no right to a high profile job in the Premiership.

Top Bottom