The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
10153631_10152369934718028_1655371996850695921_n.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It will be interesting to see where he pops up again.
He may have to do a Steve McLarren and drop down a division.
But then again, with a reported £10m pay off he should be ok for a couple of weeks.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's like the 80s and 90s all over again. Liverpool top the league and Manchester United sacking managers!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Who would have thought it 9 months ago that Man Utd would implode like this, quite incredible really. I was never a fan of SAF but you have to hand it to him getting what he did out of the team he had for the last few seasons. On the other hand ultimately a lot of the blame for the demise has to lay at his door for not rebuilding the team two-three years ago.

Martinez suddenly making Everton look lie a top side didn't do Moyes any favours really. When someone comes in and makes the team you put together perform brilliantly, it has to reflect badly on you. OK Martinez did put a few loan signings in who've made a difference too, still...

PK99

Legendary Member
Way back when Moyes was PNE manager (I'm a PNE fan... we all have our crosses etc...) I coined the name "Dithering David" on a Fans' message board over his performance in the transfer market. Before Peter crouch signed for QPR, he was at Deepdale ready to sign a contract and Moyes changed his mind about signing him. We were in discussions with ManUre re signing David Healy for around £1M, Woyes ummed and ahhed, Fergie gave Healy a his first team debut and the price went up to £1.5M. We never signed a player without them coming on a trial loan loan first - some players refused.

He was the same at Everton and at ManUre, and ultimately that is what has cost him the job.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Martinez suddenly making Everton look lie a top side didn't do Moyes any favours really. When someone comes in and makes the team you put together perform brilliantly, it has to reflect badly on you. OK Martinez did put a few loan signings in who've made a difference too, still...
Yes, that worked away undermining him in the background all the while. But about 1000 posts ago on this thread, before the European Club season started, I wrote that his comments about not winning anything without more players only served to show his lack of confidence in the team. And it does appear to have worked both ways.

Yes, that worked away undermining him in the background all the while. But about 1000 posts ago on this thread, before the European Club season started, I wrote that his comments about not winning anything without more players only served to show his lack of confidence in the team. And it does appear to have worked both ways.

Quite possibly, he seems a cup half empty kind of guy. Initially I thought that Moyes with better players would steam forward, that Everton, always organised and worthy were like that despite the players he had, turns out not to be the case. Though Martinez, who I never rated, might be enjoying that new manager bounce this season or then again, I may have to eat my words next season.

Top Bottom