The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Disappointed to see Norwich get rid of Hughton, especially when it looks like they are safe.

Safe? Far from it.
They really needed to win at the weekend. If they had won, then I may have agreed with you. The Fulham game is their last chance saloon. Their run is is the hardest of the bottom clubs by far.

Their run in
Fulham away
Liverpool Home
Man Utd Away
Chelsea Away
Arsenal Home

I can see them getting 1 point at the most, against Fulham. Sunderland also have 3 games in hand over Norwich, ok they wont win them all, but stranger things have happened.

Fulham run in
Norwich Home
Tottenham Away
Hull Home
Stoke Away
C Palace Home

Cardiff run In
Southampton Away
Stoke Home
Sunderland Away
Newcastle Away
Chelsea Home

Sunderland run in
Tottenham Away
Everton Home
Man City Away
Chelsea Away
Cardiff Home
Man Utd Away
West Brom Home
Swansea Home

But hey.... it's a funny old game.

ASC1951

Guru
..Disappointed to see Norwich get rid of Hughton, especially when it looks like they are safe. ...
Yeah, nice guy; who seems to handle all his upsets with dignity, even when Newcastle threw him out.

It must be odd doing a job where the only certainty is that you will be sacked.

AndyRM

XOXO
Safe? Far from it.
They really needed to win at the weekend. If they had won, then I may have agreed with you. The Fulham game is their last chance saloon. Their run is is the hardest of the bottom clubs by far.

Their run in
Fulham away
Liverpool Home
Man Utd Away
Chelsea Away
Arsenal Home

I can see them getting 1 point at the most, against Fulham. Sunderland also have 3 games in hand over Norwich, ok they wont win them all, but stranger things have happened.

Fulham run in
Norwich Home
Tottenham Away
Hull Home
Stoke Away
C Palace Home

Cardiff run In
Southampton Away
Stoke Home
Sunderland Away
Newcastle Away
Chelsea Home

Sunderland run in
Tottenham Away
Everton Home
Man City Away
Chelsea Away
Cardiff Home
Man Utd Away
West Brom Home
Swansea Home

But hey.... it's a funny old game.

You could well be right, but I reckon a 5 point start on the other teams in trouble will be enough. Sunderland will be lucky to get 6 points from their remaining games.

At least it's exciting at both ends of the league just now. Often feels that things are sewn up by this point in the season.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
You could well be right, but I reckon a 5 point start on the other teams in trouble will be enough. Sunderland will be lucky to get 6 points from their remaining games.

Trouble is, if Fulham beat us on Saturday, that 5 point gap's down to 2 points and we haven't beaten Fulham since 1986! the last time we went there for a 'must win' game at the end of the season they beat us 6-0 and down we went. On top of that, I'd be absolutely amazed if we get more than a point at most from our last 4 games.

We are deep in the mire. I suspect Sunderland and Cardiff have probably gone (although with games in hand, if sunderland beat Spurs tonight it will shake things up , and whoever loses between Fulham and Norwich on Saturday, will in my veiw go down with them. Not looking good for Norwich at all.

My only hope is the 'new manager syndrome' having an effect. Adams is a great coach (at youth level at least) and well respected at the club.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Gareth Bale scored last night - worth a look :

Oh yes, I watched that a short while and thought about posting it up on here but, as ever, I managed to get distracted. I think he was meant to just fall down so the ref could give a yellow card for the defender while Barça got back into position. But he didn't do what he was supposed to.

PaulB

Legendary Member
What a great Liverpool player Agent Borini turned out to be!

Kies

Moyes imminent departure is all over twitter. I think it is just a matter of time now. Gary Lineker also posted something about it.
As a Utd fan i wanted to give him a couple of seasons, but the results and the manner of our capitulation has me glad he is about to leave. I wish him the best, a decent man and a good manager, but not a UNITED manager.

Top Bottom