The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
In the almost unheard of position of almost wanting a Rags win today (a bad tempered 0-0 would have been ideal) but they were destroyed. Isn't three penalties awarded against Utd at The Swamp mentioned in Revelations as a sign of the apocalypse?

If you’re going to quote from the Book of Revelation, don’t keep calling it the Book of Revelations; there’s no “s”, it’s the Book of Revelation, as revealed to St John the Divine.

RedRider

Pulling through
Ha ha @PaulB , was about to post the same thing.

WWWWW, Cardiff next.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Traffic news for the Utd game tomorrow

CS58534077NOTE-TO-PIC-DESK-3256418.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Liverpool probably will, but, unfortunately, I can see Arsenal being almost unchallenged for the title as the season reaches the last ten games or so.

Tenner say's you are wrong bud!

I'm not a betting man, but I'll settle on a couple of pints! Of beer, not whisky or champagne!

My bet is that Arsenal will win the Premier League this season, whether it's with ten games to go, or after the last match, is irrelevant. OK?

Mind you, with Tottenham going to be breathing down their necks, I'll happily lose the bet for a Spurs title win. ;)

A couple of pints it is then...Arsenal will fall away...it's written in the stars.

If I win, you have to come to Oslo and buy the beers here (about a tenner a pint) you'll get free accommodation and food, though. Otherwise I'll fly to London and happily pay 3-4 squid for a beer! :thumbsup:

That's a deal....

Dayvo... get off your hammock in Goa.... and pay attention....*cough*

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 2996046, member: 30090"]Moyes has no eyebrows? Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

A common affliction amongst fairer Celts.

At least he doesn't wear eyeliner.

PaulB

Legendary Member
That was the first time in probably ever that I wanted the great satans to win last night but as ever, they went and let me down again. Still, they'll be in Europe next season....if there's a war on.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah, thought it was just a matter of time before you posted something like that!

So, what's the deal? We're wined and dined at your gaff one weekend and I buy you a couple of beers (cos that's what I would have done for you if I' d won the bet. HONEST). :whistle: Or what? :thumbsup:

That's all good for me bud.. though the season aint over yet :thumbsup:

postman

Legendary Member
Breaking news.Half of Glasgow goes barmy,as Glasgow Celtic win the SPL again.Scottish football is a total joke always was and always will be.two teams each year.:scratch:

AndyRM

XOXO
Breaking news.Half of Glasgow goes barmy,as Glasgow Celtic win the SPL again.Scottish football is a total joke always was and always will be.two teams each year.:scratch:

Aye, because it's not like one club has totally dominated Premier League victories in 'the modern era' in England now is it? The EPL is double the size of the SPL, and has had four champions (excluding Blackburn's one off (and I'm leaving Man City in there because I think they'll win again)) to Scotland's two. Both leagues have favoured foreigners over the development of national talent to the detriment of national sides over the last 20 or so years. The media fawn over The Old Firm (despite Rangers' demise) just as much as they do 'The Big Four'. And I can think of several clubs in England which owe a huge debt of gratitude to Scottish exports.

There are many flaws in the game in Scotland, but to deride it because one club has sh!teloads more money than the others is pushing it; the situation is (relatively) the same in England.

Sky f*cked football in Britain a long time ago, regardless of which team in which league in which country you follow.

Apologies for the rant, but the general contempt in which Scottish football is held really irks me. Dunno if you could tell :thumbsup:

Top Bottom