The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Peed off! :cursing: wasted a whole day trying to buy tickets for me and my son for Bradford's QF tie v Reading, we are both ST holders and we failed, 1000's of other ST holders did too. There are about 12000 ST holders, Valley Parade's capacity is about 25k, less 4500 for Reading, making it simple to allow every ST holder to buy a ticket with 8000 seats to then go on general sale. the club made the ludicrous decision to make sales unlimited to ST holders, in the pursuit of a sell out and quick buck. What happened? Well the predictable of course.
:sad:

http://www.ticketbis.net/bradford-v-reading-fa-cup-tickets/ev70311

:cursing:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Peed off! :cursing: wasted a whole day trying to buy tickets for me and my son for Bradford's QF tie v Reading, we are both ST holders and we failed, 1000's of other ST holders did too. There are about 12000 ST holders, Valley Parade's capacity is about 25k, less 4500 for Reading, making it simple to allow every ST holder to buy a ticket with 8000 seats to then go on general sale. the club made the ludicrous decision to make sales unlimited to ST holders, in the pursuit of a sell out and quick buck. What happened? Well the predictable of course.

Rewarding loyalty, eh! As match going footy fans we are mugs, we know it but keep going and the clubs know it so keep taking the p***

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Footballing genius?

no, just a nasty piece of work, hopefully when his career is over he will fade into obscurity. I dont hold out much hope though, I think we are stuck with him as the media love a loud mouth.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Friday February 27

Falkirk v Rangers (19.45), Scottish Championship, BT Sport 1 VM 547 / 549 HD, 19.30

Our weekly chance to check on what chaotic nonsense has befallen Rangers and what havoc Mike Ashley has managed to wreak north of the border in the last seven days carries us to a Friday night in Falkirk. Inevitably all the coverage, and most of the crowd, will be interested in the UK's most farcical club (settle down fans of Leeds and QPR, you've got nothing on these guys) but spare a thought for Falkirk who used to yo-yo up and down out of this league quite a bit before they suddenly found Hearts, Hibs and Billy Smart's Travelling Circus joining them at the second tier.

Currently fifth, Falkirk have a great chance to claim a famous win here given how abysmally Rangers are playing football, conducting their business, treating their wives, tending to their gardens, behaving on the way home from the pub and everything else besides.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11354357/live-football-tv-this-week.html

SpokeyDokey

FA - utterly useless. Studs high into shin and no ban.....unreal.

AndyRM

XOXO
no, just a nasty piece of work, hopefully when his career is over he will fade into obscurity. I dont hold out much hope though, I think we are stuck with him as the media love a loud mouth.

He's done some very daft things in his life, but having met the guy (more than once) I can confirm that he's actually a decent guy. He does a tonne of charity work and is genuinely trying to make a difference in the lives of kids who have similarly tough upbringings. I'm not saying the guy's a saint like, but he's done plenty of good in an effort to mitigate the bad.

He's also the last Newcastle player I can remember capable of delivering a reasonable set piece!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

That is a nasty trick by your club!:thumbsdown: The part timers wont be there the following match,but you will! If season ticket holders had been given priority the rest of the tickets would still have sold. I wouldn't put it past some of those part timers to sell their tickets on the web for stupid prices. If they did would you buy one?

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Defo looked like a straight red but the FA have this thing that if the ref saw it at the time they can't take retrospective action. I can understand that they don't want to undermine the autonomy and discretion of officials, but what might look okay in one split second might not look the same when viewed again later so would it be worth allowing the ref to review his decision retrospectively rather than the FA overrule him? That was an awful attempt at a tackle, if that was what it actually was - looked more like a kung fu kick tbh.

MarkF

Guru

I am still giving the benefit of the doubt because it's not a tackle, he's following through, he can't be worried about what Matic is doing.

That is a nasty trick by your club!:thumbsdown: The part timers wont be there the following match,but you will! If season ticket holders had been given priority the rest of the tickets would still have sold. I wouldn't put it past some of those part timers to sell their tickets on the web for stupid prices. If they did would you buy one?

They are already on tout sites at 10 and 20 times face value, no, I would not buy one. Bradford City can go and do one, I will not be renewing my ST for next season, I'll buy a Flexi ticket instead and pick and choose the better games.

SpokeyDokey

If the FA (And every other major football country, come to that) had any guts they'd tell FIFA to stick their 2022 World Cup and organise an alternative competition of their own.

But of course none will as they are all run by corporate suits who care little about the actual game.

@Smokin Joe

Couldn't agree more - what a load of toss pandering to FIFA's global expansion remit.

Can you image the World Cup clashing with the Xmas run-in? Panto's, shopping, company do's, school events etc etc. An absolute nightmare.

If Africa & the Middle East want a competition at that time of the year they can simply extend the Africa Nations Cup remit to include the Arab states and chug on by themselves.

Trouble is all these organisations (FIFA etc) think that they are the game rather than being there to supply structure etc etc.

Tossers the lot of 'em.

Top Bottom