The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
He's done some very daft things in his life, but having met the guy (more than once) I can confirm that he's actually a decent guy. He does a tonne of charity work and is genuinely trying to make a difference in the lives of kids who have similarly tough upbringings. I'm not saying the guy's a saint like, but he's done plenty of good in an effort to mitigate the bad.
piece!
Agreed. I'm not a big fan myself, but the red on Saturday was a bit OTT - especially compared with some other 'incidents' that weekend. It was a typical bit of petty petulance, but there was nothing really malicious about it, let alone potentially career-threatening. A yellow would have been more to the point.

MarkF

Guru
Well we'll have to agree to disagree. :smile:

(This is friendly btw!) I will watch with interest how your fans react when one of your lads gets hacked down with a 'follow through'. :tongue:

I've seen a deliberate leg breaker right in front of me, it ended in a £1m compensation fee being paid to a Bradford City player, late 90's. In this instance perhaps I can view it objectively because I am a neutral (I am also viewing it as a long time coach). It's not a tackle as others have claimed, yes, it's certainly debatable but I can see sound reasons for his follow through. I prefer to see it as an accident rather than anything malicious and certainly hope that it was not the latter.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've seen a deliberate leg breaker right in front of me, it ended in a £1m compensation fee being paid to a Bradford City player, late 90's. In this instance perhaps I can view it objectively because I am a neutral (I am also viewing it as a long time coach). It's not a tackle as others have claimed, yes, it's certainly debatable but I can see sound reasons for his follow through. I prefer to see it as an accident rather than anything malicious and certainly hope that it was not the latter.

Every credit to the Bradford player carrying on into his 90's. Maybe Teddy S should've carried on a bit further! :laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Surprise surprise. Cockwomble has decided before he sees the official report that no action will be taken against the Sports Direct XI. As Collymore says, can you imagine the English FA doing nothing if thousands of one club's fans repeatedly sang about being up to their knees in Yiddish blood?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Peed off! :cursing: wasted a whole day trying to buy tickets for me and my son for Bradford's QF tie v Reading, we are both ST holders and we failed, 1000's of other ST holders did too. There are about 12000 ST holders, Valley Parade's capacity is about 25k, less 4500 for Reading, making it simple to allow every ST holder to buy a ticket with 8000 seats to then go on general sale. the club made the ludicrous decision to make sales unlimited to ST holders, in the pursuit of a sell out and quick buck. What happened? Well the predictable of course.
:sad:

http://www.ticketbis.net/bradford-v-reading-fa-cup-tickets/ev70311
Witless quick profiteering from the club, knowing damn well they'd sell out anyway. Blyth put limits on and prioritised sales to ensure the regular regulars were catered for before the casuals. Fingers crossed you get some if they suddenly find some more to release nearer the game.

MarkF

Guru
Witless quick profiteering from the club, knowing damn well they'd sell out anyway. Blyth put limits on and prioritised sales to ensure the regular regulars were catered for before the casuals. Fingers crossed you get some if they suddenly find some more to release nearer the game.

We have a new CEO, last one moved to Burnley FC recently, this new one has spectacularly messed up 3 big games recently, he's on trial, I don't think he'll get the job...........

I now have tickets, despite Valley Parade being 6 miles from my house and being a long term ST holder, I have to meet a bloke from Belgium (who over ordered) before the game to collect and pay. :wacko:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Just had a great idea!

When playing against one of the planets best mid-fields; stick two up front and give them more room to strut their stuff.

MarkF

Guru
Just had a great idea!

When playing against one of the planets best mid-fields; stick two up front and give them more room to strut their stuff.

Agree, and why not take off a midfielder and out another one on, then take off the CF and put another one on, nothing changed. James Hanson would have buried 3 of those Dzeko headers. :okay:

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Shame on Everton taking the Europa league seriously, it's embarrassing the premier league....

Tony.
Things will get tougher from here, no doubt, but the mad thing is that we have breezed past Wolfsburg twice in this competition and they are now the bookies' favourites to win it. I just wish the team could play with the same level of confidence and skill in the PL as they do in the EL.

MarkF

Guru
I think if Everton get to the final, the benefits to the club will be huge, and all this whining about a poor season will be forgotten and poor season or good season, they, like Villa, L'pool, Newcastle and Spurs are in reality just bumbling along.

Top Bottom