The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
My next door neighbour is a bluenose and he's been quite nervous for a while. A good manager is pragmatic enough to know that principles are all well and good but results are what matters. Martinez should be a bit more pragmatic.

Tony.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Tony, are you quoting direct from Everton message boards?:biggrin:

In the last few games he does seem to have tried to be a bit more pragmatic by tightening up the defence, but the basic problem for me (and many others) is that he sticks to his possession at all costs principle which results in endless passing back and forth which means the opposition just shape up in front of us and we can't then break them down, it also means if they can get 2 or 3 players pressing our back line it is likely we will make errors (which we often do) and they create chances as a result. When Gibson came on against Leicester he started making some more direct pacy forward passes which created chances, he did the same thing a lot on Thursday against Young Boys and it made a big difference.

I am not a Martinez fan, his overall record as a manager is not good, but if he learns from his early days at Everton and consequently improves his approach and our results, I would be glad for him to silence doubters like myself.

MarkF

Guru
I like Martinez and blame the clog footed oafs playing in blue, I love the sound of "possession at all costs principle", seems like a dream to me.

Our manager, Phil Parkinson, took over when we were in danger of slipping out of the football league, he got us promoted the very next season and to a major cup final and now has us in the play off positions and the FA Cup QF's, it's been an absolute linear improvement since he took over, one that shows no signs of stopping. He's the most popular Bradford City manager in my lifetime, an absolute pragmatist who rotates players and systems to suit the opposition, he only has one thing in mind, the result.

I just can't warm to the bloke, I want the "possession at all costs principle". ^_^

I like Martinez and blame the clog footed oafs playing in blue, I love the sound of "possession at all costs principle", seems like a dream to me.

Our manager, Phil Parkinson, took over when we were in danger of slipping out of the football league, he got us promoted the very next season and to a major cup final and now has us in the play off positions and the FA Cup QF's, it's been an absolute linear improvement since he took over, one that shows no signs of stopping. He's the most popular Bradford City manager in my lifetime, an absolute pragmatist who rotates players and systems to suit the opposition, he only has one thing in mind, the result.

I just can't warm to the bloke, I want the "possession at all costs principle". ^_^
Didn't have a stellar start to his managerial career here at Hull though, 1/2 a season and relegation zone before being replaced.
Seemed he never really had the dressing room support. Combination I think of his inexperience and a well established team that had been together for a good period,sometimes these things don't gell together and work. Pleased to see he's made it now though

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I hope Van Gaal isnt running Johnny Evans defence

"He was not aware he was spitting. He has said that also. I believe him. For me, the matter is done."

Top Bottom