The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Poyet has been binned, which will surprise nobody.

Apparently he had them playing basketball in training sessions, which says it all really.

SoL is becoming the dark spot on the CV of managers, it was interesting reading one of the secret footballer blogposts slating the party culture at SAFC in the light of Adam Johnson's arrest.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I watched Louis Van Gaal's latest i'll decide what you can ask me interview on the local news tonight. He was asked about Rooney's boxing video,in a light heated way. The miserable git tore into the bloke asking the question saying that what happens in his house is a private matter. Doesn't the idiot know that either Rooney or his mate posted the video on a social media site for all to see?!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've just buffered the Scotland v N Ireland friendly up. Why on earth are Scotland playing in Scotland in red and white while N Ireland are in blue? It took me 10 minutes to figure out that they'd all put the wrong kit on.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've just buffered the Scotland v N Ireland friendly up. Why on earth are Scotland playing in Scotland in red and white while N Ireland are in blue? It took me 10 minutes to figure out that they'd all put the wrong kit on.

I don't think there's any particular significance, but they're both historical colours.

Our pink and yellow hoops on white is a nod to Earl Rosebery, an early patron of fitba, and Ireland originally played in blue.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
well done North Ferriby ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32100052

Goalkeeper Adam Nicklin was the hero as North Ferriby United came back from two goals down to beat Wrexham on penalties to win the FA Trophy.

Louis Molt and Jay Harris strikes had fired the Welsh side into a commanding lead.

Liam King's penalty gave United hope before substitute Ryan Kendall equalised late in normal time.

Kendall's header made it 3-2 before Moult's stunning strike set up a shoot out, which Ferriby won 5-4.

Listening to it on local radio. Absolutely cracking game, proper cup final.
:cheers: North Ferriby.

Adam Nicklin - being interviewed said he won't be celebrating tonight as he has to be at work in the morning!

Gibraltar score their first ever competitive international goal.
CBRyYCtUwAEelDG.png

MarkF

Guru
when to watch Peterborough United, it was my first game for over 20 years, never really went while I was playing as I played most Saturday afternoons...so went yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, although £26 for the old stand felt a bit steep...and they lost to Coventry.....

This is Division three football FFS, £26! It's £20 at Bradford, I think our next away games at Donny and Scunthorpe are £23/26. That's why I decided to take my lad to see Benfica instead, it's less than 20 euros for both of us, flights at £34 too! Donny/Scunny or Lisbon, it's a tough one.

AndyRM

XOXO
Gibraltar score their first ever competitive international goal.
CBRyYCtUwAEelDG.png

And we needed two penalties to make the scoreline respectable. Made hard work of that one.

Hat trick for Fletcher though, which must be some kind of miracle. I hope he's got the lottery on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom