The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
The weird thing is the programme was about them trying to make it a bigger club yet it focused on how it was now. I am really questioning where "Top Top Football" is going and if I can enjoy it (my best $ky Sports impression) Which is why what Leicester are doing is brilliant it would be great if they won it, I would really LOL

They way it is going is the reason Leicester are top of the PL and were able to attract the likes of Cambiasso. If a player demands £100/150/200K a week then any PL club can pay it if they want to, the days of stockpiling players by the top clubs has gone, they can get then same money at Watford, whilst actually playing.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
To make our league position more unbelievable just checked the tables this time last year we were bottom with 10 points .What a year for Lcfc
Well done to Leicester, I'd love to see them hang on and win it. Unlikely I suppose, but rank outsiders coming through to win major sporting events is not unknown (Who'd have tipped Greece for the 2004 Euros?).

West Ham were 1500/1 for the title at the start of the season, I did think an unmissed tenner would have been a good idea but never got round to it. You'd probably have got the same or maybe more on LCFC.

AndyRM

XOXO
It would appear that the option of browsing and looking to see how much tickets are is a bit restrictive; requiring setting up an account and then only for games in the next few weeks. No chance of rolling up and paying at the gate then...

Not an Englandshire peculiarity unfortunately.

If you're committed to suffering the dismal fare on offer at St James drop us a message and I'll pick you up a ticket.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Well done to Leicester, I'd love to see them hang on and win it. Unlikely I suppose, but rank outsiders coming through to win major sporting events is not unknown (Who'd have tipped Greece for the 2004 Euros?).
Unfortunately there is a hell of a difference between winning 6 games in a tournament and winning a league cup.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Unfortunately there is a hell of a difference between winning 6 games in a tournament and winning a league cup.
You're right, but upsets do happen in sport. To win the premiership as an outsider you need a good season , obviously, but also the other contenders to keep shooting themselves in the foot. At the moment, that is what's happening. All the big teams are blowing games against lower opposition.

Not an Englandshire peculiarity unfortunately.

If you're committed to suffering the dismal fare on offer at St James drop us a message and I'll pick you up a ticket.
Cheers, will do. The problem with our fitba team is the league dinnae issue the fixtures until 2 or 3 weeks ahead so we never know when we have a free week til very close to the time.

Les Académies de L'Amilton (pardon my French if it's wrong :smile:).

Nice gesture: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34895314

AndyRM

XOXO
Les Académies de L'Amilton (pardon my French if it's wrong :smile:).

Nice gesture: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34895314

I thought playing La Marseillaise before matches was a bit ridiculous, but thats on another level. The idea comes across as 'what can we do to get something out this situation?'

All pish like this does is deflect genuine grief.

And when did Hamilton v Aberdeen become a 'prestigious' fixture?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Cheers, will do. The problem with our fitba team is the league dinnae issue the fixtures until 2 or 3 weeks ahead so we never know when we have a free week til very close to the time.
sod the mags, stop off a few miles up the cost and watch the entertaining table topping football that Blyth are playing, you can bowl up and pay at the gate and get to see a successful cohesive team playing in stripes.

outside of the league, the North East is in pretty good health again Gateshead still holding down a conference spot and showing their current status by sacking an ex league manager for having fallen to only mid table. Spartans and Darlo doing very well and both in with a realistic shout of promotion back to conference level. Spennymoor making their way back up after a disastrous owner took them to oblivion.

Blyth are almost a parallel of Leicester over the last 18 months, this time last year languishing near the bottom and a long way away from their final position, our run to the 3rd round of the cup sparked a magnificent 2nd half of the season and we missed the lay offs by a couple of points.

Matlock on Saturday :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
sod the mags, stop off a few miles up the cost and watch the entertaining table topping football that Blyth are playing, you can bowl up and pay at the gate and get to see a successful cohesive team playing in stripes.

outside of the league, the North East is in pretty good health again Gateshead still holding down a conference spot and showing their current status by sacking an ex league manager for having fallen to only mid table. Spartans and Darlo doing very well and both in with a realistic shout of promotion back to conference level. Spennymoor making their way back up after a disastrous owner took them to oblivion.

Blyth are almost a parallel of Leicester over the last 18 months, this time last year languishing near the bottom and a long way away from their final position, our run to the 3rd round of the cup sparked a magnificent 2nd half of the season and we missed the lay offs by a couple of points.

Matlock on Saturday :smile:

Don't forget South Shields! Having a helluva season so far.

Top Bottom