The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Don't forget South Shields! Having a helluva season so far.

Oh yeah, Shields are running away with that. My home village, team Ryton & Crawcrook play in NL2, they're another having a decent season after a rocky few years.
The mean spirit in me thinks Shields dreading the the fall of Gateshead to be taken over again ;)

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Messi / City / £800k a week.

Rumour at this stage but much as I love my footy the already obscene wages well get even more obscene when all the extra dosh hits the clubs from next season.

Average UK worker earns around £1m in a lifetime. Bonkers world.

MarkF

Guru

Rumour at this stage but much as I love my footy the already obscene wages well get even more obscene when all the extra dosh hits the clubs from next season.

Bargain! Barcelona were no big deal till Maradona then Cruyff pitched up there, IF Man City get Messi they'll get the best footballer that ever lived, all eyes will be on them and they'll end up bigger than we ever imagined, for long after Messi has gone.

I took the whole family to London for the weekend about 5 years ago, ok it was only the Wembley Cup, but they saw Lionel Messi play. :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

What! The feckers are getting even more money thrown at them?!:ohmy: Messi's a tax dodging git! People will go into debt to pay to watch him, and he'll gladly take it off them!:thumbsdown:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
no worse than the movie industry where a top actor can earn 50 million a year easy ....the amount of money movie stars have made through out history has always been crazy, for instance in 1919 Roscoe "fatty" Arbuckle became the first actor to receive a guaranteed minimum of $1 millon per year, $1 million at that time now thats bonkers :wacko:

That's one of the reasons i haven't been to the pictures since 1991. People always use overpaid footballers as an example of being paid way over the odds but actors make films and no one questions the millions they make from acting, and at least footballers get way overpaid for being very good at kicking a ball about, but when they become mediocre the money drops, whereas big film stars make money from their name,even when they lose their ability to act.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That's one of the reasons i haven't been to the pictures since 1991. People always use overpaid footballers as an example of being paid way over the odds but actors make films and no one questions the millions they make from acting, and at least footballers get way overpaid for being very good at kicking a ball about, but when they become mediocre the money drops, whereas big film stars make money from their name,even when they lose their ability to act.

And in the case of John Wayne, when they never had the ability in the first place.

Leicester V Man U this afternoon..... shaping up to be a cracker.....

Man U looking for revenge over last years 'away' leg at the King power and Vardy looking for the outright consecutive games goal record........

and on Sky....... can't wait.....
and with the Blues on form who's brave enough to bet against them?

Edit: Please note all neutral viewers should apply the 'Because they aren't Man U' rule and support Leicester:whistle:

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Our game today has been cancelled due to water-logged pitch. I had a look at Blyth website but turns out that the game is an away game, otherwise I'd have gone. Will bear them in mind for any future game cancellations.

:smile:

I've just pulled into a very wet Matlock and am off to cheer them on, I imaging there won't be a huge contingent down from the NE for this one, luckily I'm more local for a lot of.the away games. We have quite a good exile following.

I imaging there won't be a huge contingent down from the NE for this one.

Not going too well for you so far, down 2-1, but you might spot yourself in the crowd

CU6JE-BWUAAOEDj.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
DSC_0001.JPG
Yep, bright start and 1-0 up quickly but not quite at the races today, being caught out by their pace on a very wet pitch. I'm one of the dark figures behind the Coventry Spartans flag.

Matlock's ground reminds me a lot of Vale of Leithen, nestled in the bowl of the hills.

Top Bottom