The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Sad news, always came across as a nice decent person, RIP.

He must have been laughing his dick off at all the plaudits recently given to Klopp, Pochettino et al He was doing the same 40+years ago!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Seemed like a genuinely nice, ordinary guy even if he ranked highly amongst the worst ever R5 pundits.

So dimitri payet has thrown his toys out the pram and allegedly has said he refuses to play for west ham anymore.Get rid of i say, i cannot see the sense of keeping him.Might as well sell him in this transfer window and bring someone in who wants to play for the club.
I admire bilic for not hiding the facts but cannot understand when he says he refuses to play but we are not selling him.
Payet has not been the same player from last season and his body language has suggested that he wanted to move.I don't think rotting in the reserves and presumably still getting his £100 thousand plus until the end of the season is the answer.

No one should be bigger than the club!.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So dimitri payet has thrown his toys out the pram and allegedly has said he refuses to play for west ham anymore.Get rid of i say, i cannot see the sense of keeping him.Might as well sell him in this transfer window and bring someone in who wants to play for the club.
I admire bilic for not hiding the facts but cannot understand when he says he refuses to play but we are not selling him.
Payet has not been the same player from last season and his body language has suggested that he wanted to move.I don't think rotting in the reserves and presumably still getting his £100 million plus until the end of the season is the answer.

Yes, he is a prize pillock and if I were a WHUFC fan I'd want rid right away.

U

User482

Payet has not been the same player from last season and his body language has suggested that he wanted to move.I don't think rotting in the reserves and presumably still getting his £100 million plus until the end of the season is the answer.

He's being a petulant child. He could've gone to the manager and said that he wanted to leave at the end of the season as he hadn't settled, then knuckled down for the remaining games. I suspect that would secure a move to a big club. As it is, he's going to rot, with both him and the club losing out.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
He's being a petulant child. He could've gone to the manager and said that he wanted to leave at the end of the season as he hadn't settled, then knuckled down for the remaining games. I suspect that would secure a move to a big club. As it is, he's going to rot, with both him and the club losing out.

Indeed, you would think his agent would have advised him about the implications of such behaviour. Having said that, he is an incredible talent and football clubs are so desperate for success these days, someone will no doubt take him on.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed, you would think his agent would have advised him about the implications of such behaviour. Having said that, he is an incredible talent and football clubs are so desperate for success these days, someone will no doubt take him on.
Chelski apparently

Premier League leaders Chelsea will move for 29-year-old West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet, who Hammers boss Slaven Bilic says is refusing to play for the club. (Sun)

U

User482

Chelski apparently

Premier League leaders Chelsea will move for 29-year-old West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet, who Hammers boss Slaven Bilic says is refusing to play for the club. (Sun)

I guess that will test the truth of his claim that he hasn't settled in London!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Didn't he sign a 5 year deal last season ?
Means nothing any more. Players sign a long deal to get a pay rise, knowing that if a better offer comes along and they want to go their club will think it is more trouble than it is worth to keep them - which it generally is as they can just sit out the remainder of their contract and walk away at the end of it. Payet needs to be careful West Ham don't take that approach as he is 29 years old and can't hang about for too long if he still wants to play.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Means nothing any more. Players sign a long deal to get a pay rise, knowing that if a better offer comes along and they want to go their club will think it is more trouble than it is worth to keep them - which it generally is as they can just sit out the remainder of their contract and walk away at the end of it. Payet needs to be careful West Ham don't take that approach as he is 29 years old and can't hang about for too long if he still wants to play.

Clubs enter the arrangement whole-heartedly too; often using the amount of contract left that needs 'buying out' to jack up the price of the deal.

My guess is WHUFC will off-load him asap when the dust settles. Talk of price is around £40m

Marseille in the mix with personal terms agreed.

Payet, Hazard, Pedro & Costa would be something else!

Still, nothing's happened until it's on the club website.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Payet, Hazard, Pedro & Costa would be something else!
I wouldn't bank on that. Payet was a big fish in a small pond at West Ham and had a great first season in a league where the big guns were misfiring and the defences were notoriously leaky. He is good, but nothing he did prior to moving to West ham suggests he's great and I could see his role at a club like Chelsea being mainly on the sub's bench.

mark st1

Plastic Manc

True that just seems an expensive mistake all round. Paying off his contract will put quite a few clubs off I would imagine. And talk of him rotting in the reserves would be financial suicide for those business owners of West Ham.

Top Bottom