The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
And why would we want a coach that is currently car crashing a team worth far more than Liverpool. I mean you're meant to aim higher not lower :laugh:

How long before a scouser mentions that Rodgers was not the right calibre for a team as deserving of success as Liverpool?
Rodgers was not the right calibre for a team like Liverpool.

martint235

Dog on a bike
:smile:

You'd have to ask the LFC fans on RAWK or who phoned in to Talksport last night who were wanting Jose to head off to Kopland. :laugh:
You always get some nutters. Honestly I don't think he'd want it and I don't think he'd fit. I'll take Klopp but no chance on Ancellotti, hell I'd take Carragher before him

But he showed great character.
I actually quite liked Rodgers. He'd run out of things to say recently though and looked like a man who didn't know what to do next.

Timing surprised me but in a way it's better now on an International break and still early enough to make a difference. FSG still seem to be going through a learning curve too.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
You always get some nutters. Honestly I don't think he'd want it and I don't think he'd fit. I'll take Klopp but no chance on Ancellotti, hell I'd take Carragher before him

That's a Kop out of a reply. :laugh:

Carlo is a decent top-class manager. Didn't like it when we sacked him tbh.

As a slight aside I thought Jamie was a top player for you (only downer from LFC perspective was his childhood Everton fandom!). I always though he pulled his tripe out for you and he was a tough bugger to play against. I remember watching him against us at Anfield some years back (CL head to head) and he was impressive. Not that he would've come but him and Stevie G were always two players I would've liked to see at The Bridge.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Ancellotti just strikes me as too old and a caretaker while you wait for the manager you really want.

Possibly - but he's a wise old dog for sure.

Klopp is a class act (despite his Jose-esque wobble last season) and he might be a good fit for you. I like the demands he makes on his players and he delivers fast, pressing football where the players give their all. All rivalry aside I have always thought that in the main LFC field hard working teams who really play for the badge - ergo the good fit comment.

Last edited:
Ancellotti just strikes me as too old and a caretaker while you wait for the manager you really want.

Very true, show me a team that Ancellotti has built from scratch - he has not. Klopp to the kop for me. Although the look on Carlo's face when he sees ole big ears at Melwood, shiny, in its own trophy case would have funny. The one that got away....lol.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Very true, show me a team that Ancellotti has built from scratch - he has not. Klopp to the kop for me. Although the look on Carlo's face when he sees ole big ears at Melwood, shiny, in its own trophy case would have funny. The one that got away....lol.
He is one of only two managers to win the European Cup 3 times*. If that's what you mean by Ol' big ears, it hardly got away.

*The other being our very own Bob Paisley

Top Bottom