The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
While technically speaking the ride was not part of my 100 miles a month challenge (did another one in early August), some people may still find my PBP conclusion interesting. Rather than writing a chronological ride report, I tried to summarize what I have learned about long distance cycling since I got sucked into this maddnes http://cycling-intelligence.com/2015/11/25/87-very-special-hours-my-pbp-2015/

Norry1

Legendary Member
Had Tuesday booked off to get my December ton in early. However, a bad cold and pressing deadlines at work mean I have to bin that plan. Plenty of time to recover but a pain nonetheless.

I had to take the bike back to the shop today and was meant to check out of my hotel as well, but rather than deal with the enormous faff of trying to move both a bike and luggage without a car, I decided to stay an extra night at the hotel and ride the bike back, and since I had to ride back to Costa Adeje anyway, why not at least have a last gasp attempt?

I guess I'm going to have to ride in the cold and wet and dark of a Scottish winter after all, because I dun snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
I am genuinely extremely surprised that I made it to Teide given how I felt on Wednesday.

I'll shut up now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had to take the bike back to the shop today and was meant to check out of my hotel as well, but rather than deal with the enormous faff of trying to move both a bike and luggage without a car, I decided to stay an extra night at the hotel and ride the bike back, and since I had to ride back to Costa Adeje anyway, why not at least have a last gasp attempt?

I guess I'm going to have to ride in the cold and wet and dark of a Scottish winter after all, because I dun snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.
I am genuinely extremely surprised that I made it to Teide given how I felt on Wednesday.

I'll shut up now.

Awesome... it's never over until the fat lazy sings... or summat like that...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

I'll shut up now.
:bravo: :notworthy:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

I'll shut up now.

EPIC! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Soltydog

Legendary Member

I'll shut up now.
Bloody top effort sir! Well done :eek:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nice one Ed. I can see from those stats why Team Sky (and other ProTour outfits) like Mt Teide so much!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So, December 1st tomorrow. The last month for the 2015 challenge and we still have 12 riders going for the gold star. For 5 of the challengers it will be their first star :okay:So good luck everybody. Fingers crossed everyone still in the challenge can finish what we all started a distant January ago.

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So, December 1st tomorrow. The last month for the 2015 challenge and we still have 12 riders going for the gold star. For 5 of the challengers it will be their first star :okay:So good luck everybody. Fingers crossed everyone still in the challenge can finish what we all started a distant January ago.

:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
+1. Next weekend looks bleedin' awful, following two weekends might involve a choice between ££££ for overtime or getting a ride in (frankly, the latter)....should be time enough, I hope. Want that fourth star......

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Shame I haven't got the time tomorrow, with the forecast wind I reckon a train to Chesterfield & I could ride 100 miles home in record time :laugh: Hats off to anyone who does manage it this weekend :bravo:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Myself and @rb58 are planning on getting out on Sunday. Looking like we'll get a little wet and the wind may prove to be a bugger to contend with.... But the direction we are going we'll probably get there on record time.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
On another note.. The first rider to complete this years challenge is our very good friend (we can forgive him for supporting a terrible football team)@redfalo with his Essex ride yesterday.

So well earnt. Here's your Imperial Century A Month Challenge Gold Star.
full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1443009817.jpg

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
On another note.. The first rider to complete this years challenge is our very good friend (we can forgive him for supporting a terrible football team)@redfalo with his Essex ride yesterday.

So well earnt. Here's your Imperial Century A Month Challenge Gold Star.
full?lightbox=1&last_edit_date=1443009817.jpg
Very kind of you! As Tiptree's jam factors has become my default lunch stop on my regular route, we really should try to coordinate rides and meet up there for lunch in 2016.

Top Bottom