The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Let's hope for better weather in January.
In a repeat of last year (actually THIS year), the flights are booked to get some winter sunshine in Florida. Going with BA so can take a bike at no extra cost (as long as I take not a lot else), and the dates cover the end of January plus the beginning of February. I feel a couple of 100km rides coming on :smile:.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In a repeat of last year (actually THIS year), the flights are booked to get some winter sunshine in Florida. Going with BA so can take a bike at no extra cost (as long as I take not a lot else), and the dates cover the end of January plus the beginning of February. I feel a couple of 100km rides coming on :smile:.
Good plan!

Assuming that I get home from Christmas away to find that my house has NOT been flooded, I might treat myself to a winter cycling break on the Costa Blanca at that time.

si_c

Guru
I have needed a bit of motivation to get out this month, done a 100km ride in Oct and Nov this year, so took the day off work to do a 107km today, took longer than I expected, as I sat and had coffee for an hour and then got a puncture after it had gone dark. All in all a good day though. The last couple of months at least I've shown I can do a bigger ride each month, so I will definitely be signing up for 2016.

Fubar

Guru
I have needed a bit of motivation to get out this month, done a 100km ride in Oct and Nov this year, so took the day off work to do a 107km today, took longer than I expected, as I sat and had coffee for an hour and then got a puncture after it had gone dark. All in all a good day though. The last couple of months at least I've shown I can do a bigger ride each month, so I will definitely be signing up for 2016.

Best way to do it - get in the groove early. If you can do it in December AND fix a puncture in the dark you'll def get it done next year :okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Secondly, who's going to create the two threads for next year, with the rules in one of them and the 'only post rides here' in the other, or whichever way around it is? @Dogtrousers, given that you started the rules discussion?
I just tried but the forum wouldn't let me post. No error message, but the create thread button did nothing.

FWIW, here's what my post said:

The 2016 Metric Century (100km) A Month Challenge

This thread is only for the logging of your qualifying rides.
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE BUT QUALIFYING RIDES IN THIS THREAD

To log a ride, add a post containing all of your 2016 metric centuries to date. One ride per line, with the date, distance, short route description, and any links you want to add. Do not post just a link.

When you add a post, copy all of the rides from your previous post so that your latest post contains all of your ride.

You can add links to Strava, RideWithGPS etc if you wish, but these are not mandatory.

Photos, and subjective thoughts on the ride or the challenge in general should go elsewhere, for example The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

See this thread for examples.

The rules, such as they are, are as follows:

• You must complete at least one ride of least 100km (a metric century) in each calendar month. If you miss a month then you are out of the challenge until next year.
  • The 100km must be in a single ride. Breaks for meals, repairs, sightseeing, lollygagging etc. are allowed, but not several completely separate rides.
  • There is an optional points competition. You get one point for each complete 100km ridden as part of the challenge. So one point for a 100km ride, two for a 200km ride, three for 300km and so on. You cannot carry over distance from one ride to the next: Two separate 150km rides would be two points, not three. Keep a running total of your points in your ride log if you wish.
  • You may join the challenge in any month during the calendar year (since the idea is to provide motivation to complete at least one 100km ride per month, every month), but you can only join once per calendar year (since a key element of the challenge is to encourage consistency). i.e. If you miss a month, you should wait until the following calendar year to rejoin. Obviously, January is the best month to join, because that's the only way you can claim a full calendar year.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What a wazzock I am. I've posted four of them. It's my fault, not the forum's.

I've "reported" three of them to the mods, so they can cull them down to one.

Edit. Mods have done their work. Thank you mods.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I just tried but the forum wouldn't let me post. No error message, but the create thread button did nothing.

FWIW, here's what my post said:

The 2016 Metric Century (100km) A Month Challenge

This thread is only for the logging of your qualifying rides.
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE BUT QUALIFYING RIDES IN THIS THREAD

To log a ride, add a post containing all of your 2016 metric centuries to date. One ride per line, with the date, distance, short route description, and any links you want to add. Do not post just a link.

When you add a post, copy all of the rides from your previous post so that your latest post contains all of your ride.

You can add links to Strava, RideWithGPS etc if you wish, but these are not mandatory.

Photos, and subjective thoughts on the ride or the challenge in general should go elsewhere, for example The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

See this thread for examples.

The rules, such as they are, are as follows:

• You must complete at least one ride of least 100km (a metric century) in each calendar month. If you miss a month then you are out of the challenge until next year.
  • The 100km must be in a single ride. Breaks for meals, repairs, sightseeing, lollygagging etc. are allowed, but not several completely separate rides.
  • There is an optional points competition. You get one point for each complete 100km ridden as part of the challenge. So one point for a 100km ride, two for a 200km ride, three for 300km and so on. You cannot carry over distance from one ride to the next: Two separate 150km rides would be two points, not three. Keep a running total of your points in your ride log if you wish.
  • You may join the challenge in any month during the calendar year (since the idea is to provide motivation to complete at least one 100km ride per month, every month), but you can only join once per calendar year (since a key element of the challenge is to encourage consistency). i.e. If you miss a month, you should wait until the following calendar year to rejoin. Obviously, January is the best month to join, because that's the only way you can claim a full calendar year.

It did work, the forum is just throwing a bit of a wobbly at the moment. I've removed the three duplicates and made the remaining one a sticky.:okay:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Today was intended to be my first entry to the imperial challenge, but I was too late starting, so I settled for 100k. I was planning to finish at Otford station, but I was a bit short of 100km when I arrived, so I rode down to the village and back. Rats! Still short. Fortunately Otford has quite a big car park, so I spent a while lapping the car park to make quite sure.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
That's my first one of the year out of the way. (Posted in "Your Ride Today"). That'll give me the best part of 2 months to decide whether I want to put myself through it all again this year. .... surprised myself a bit this morning. Didn't think I could be arsed.
DSCF3822.JPG

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well done @Goonerobes, @Dogtrousers & @Donger for getting the 2016 challenge started good and early.:bravo:

Comments about the stars have been noted.;) Tricky one as the silver stars have already been handed out for the half-century challenge so it might be a bit impolite to ask for them back.

@ianrauk where do you get the stars from and are there any other colours available? Could we have say, red or blue to be a bit different?

Top Bottom