The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We were in a pedalo on Lac de St. Cassein when a Canadair like this one dropped in to quench its thirst. The pilot cleared the road bridge across the lake by about 15 feet.
[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miuq6RX_Hxc[/media]

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

That report is many hours old, It has subsequently been proved wrong (as the comments below the report make clear)

See http://www.jn.pt/nacional/ao-minuto...-dia-quente-de-combate-as-chamas-8576121.html - with a bit of help from Google Translate, it says:

"Gas cylinder blast may have been mistaken for plane crash

Commander Vítor Vaz Pinto of Civil Protection said there had been an account of an explosion of a gas cylinder in a bullet [sic] whose crash could possibly have been mistaken for a plane crash.".

I have no idea why the Independent hasn't yet edited its account.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Came across this video from the Spanish Air Force - water bombing fires.
(Loud music soundtrack if you are tempted to watch at work!)

When I was out in Majorca the other year at Puerto Polenca, there was an air force base to the north of the bay, and I watched them practice daily in the bay picking up water and low flying over the bay. Very skillful and entertaining at the same time.

gbb

Legendary Member
Colleague was telling me today...he'd had a crud day and was not in the best of moods and to cap it off he was just outside his house on the edge of the fens and a pair of incredibly low and fast aircraft shot by with an explosion of noise.
He said it frightened him to death, completely unexpected, incredibly loud.

He was in such a bad mood he explained he found himself hurling oaths at the already disappeared aircraft :laugh:

Had a good if not very hot day at Yeovilton yesterday.
IMGP4841.JPG
IMGP4879.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP4998.JPG
    IMGP4998.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Colleague was telling me today...he'd had a crud day and was not in the best of moods and to cap it off he was just outside his house on the edge of the fens and a pair of incredibly low and fast aircraft shot by with an explosion of noise.
He said it frightened him to death, completely unexpected, incredibly loud.

He was in such a bad mood he explained he found himself hurling oaths at the already disappeared aircraft :laugh:

Tell him that then god awful noise is the sound of freedom!

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom