The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
i.e what party is he representing

sorry - did edit it to make it less NACA - a bit

gettyimages-98738406-612x612.jpg

Anyway this evening my wife suggested that - after her hair had been "done" that she treats me to "tea" at the Unicorn pub

which sounded nice

but first we had to go to her sister's to deliver some Easter egss and other stuff

and then there was the whole "2 sisters catching up" thing - which takes "a while"
and in this case involved a detailed discussion about which of their Mother's rings were supposed to be left to who

which took a while

anyway - eventually we headed off to the pub - which turned out to not be serving food this evening due to technical stuff

so we go to the place next door 0 nicer place - certainly posher

Turns out that it is Pie Night plus free large wine
plus QUIZ NIGHT

well - I mean - what could we do?????

bloomin' quiz guy remembered us - from 2 years ago
mind you it was my wife's sister's birthday - and Valentine's Day
and the bu**ger put on a quiz with a round about sexual positions
I mean - 2 girls from Prescot - what could you expect!!!

although I did get an interrogation about HOW I knew one - which I refused to answer because a Gentleman has to have boundaries

but he rememberer us!!

anyway - we came 5th - out of 14 (ish)

and I MAYbe totally phiffed

DAMN nice pie

classic33

Leg End Member
Really should stop posting after coming back from a pub night with a quiz!!!!
Was the pie one made by numbnuts and mid delivered?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
Like yesterday the sky is clear and the sun is coming up. It will change later to heavy rain.😪I have a meeting of the escape committee this afternoon, one of our members is taking a 6 month sabbatical from work and going travelling from sunday. Firstly to South Africa and Mauritius. He lived out there for some years after his parents emigrated in the early 70's, Then when he gets back in a months time, he is home for three days and goes to Perth, Australia to see his daughter whom he hasn't seen for 5 years. He also ging to stay with our friend who lives out there.
He is using it as a trial retirement as he gets his state pension next week and can take his work pension should he decide not to go back to work in September.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
What a night of crazy dreams. Managed to remember some bits but none of them make sense.
Busy but good day yesterday. Some parts were imo interesting so if I may I will post them separately.
Today will be a chill one, give my legs a chance to recover as I did struggle yesterday.

Top Bottom