The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Errrr

until @Drago gets found out for accepting bribes to create a new cycle lane?????????

maybe I missed something

I've already volunteered to be the parish rep on an active travel advisory panel at the district carncil. That way they'll actually have someone who actually rides a bike with with benefit of some formal professional expertise and qualifications giving their two-penneth.

Good morning all, cold and wet here.
Watched When Harry Met Sally yesterday, for the first time since watching it in the cinema on its release. Still very entertaining, but a bit odd being transported back to the American high gloss late 80’s and the world of ‘dating’ and ‘going out’. I presume I must have been on a date myself to watch it at the time but I have no recollection ! Anyway, it was fun watching it yesterday with my wife of nearly 30 years :smile:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning from a very wet and windy Poole. I got changed in to my running gear just as it started lashing it down, sod that, I'll go out later as it's due to ease about 11:00.
New laptop arrived yesterday, I ordered it about 7:00pm the previous evening so that was very impressive. Transferred everything across from the previous laptop automagically using " Time Machine ". I'll clone Mrs Tkk's laptop onto the one I've been using then her machine will pass on to our daughter who's currently using a 2012 Macbook.
On a different topic I've found a pack of puff pastry sheets in the beer fridge where I put them temporarily, they're several weeks out of date, do I risk it?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning from a very wet and windy Poole. I got changed in to my running gear just as it started lashing it down, sod that, I'll go out later as it's due to ease about 11:00.
New laptop arrived yesterday, I ordered it about 7:00pm the previous evening so that was very impressive. Transferred everything across from the previous laptop automagically using " Time Machine ". I'll clone Mrs Tkk's laptop onto the one I've been using then her machine will pass on to our daughter who's currently using a 2012 Macbook.
On a different topic I've found a pack of puff pastry sheets in the beer fridge where I put them temporarily, they're several weeks out of date, do I risk it?

It's fine. I've found things in the back of my cupboards that have been 4 years out of date. :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Horrible weather here so I popped over to France for a spin earlier.
It was supposed to be a gentle bimble but I always end up having a go at the sprints. :laugh:

Image.jpeg

Dave7

Legendary Member

Depends if its a 'use before' or 'best before'.
For what they cost, if its 'use before' I would bin it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Part 1 of my epistle.
I wanted new furniture for my flat as the present one is way to big. It was in the main lounge but too big for the flat.
I need support for my back. I want real comfort.
We set out to visit 3 stores. Went in the 1st one (Sofology) and they have an area for one off items and there, staring at us was a chair that ticked all the boxes. It's all electric. It reclines and raises/lowers/tilts to help me get up (future proofing).
Was £1400.
Now THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!
A good bargain.
I also ordered a matching 2 seater with no electrics.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Part 1 of my epistle.
I wanted new furniture for my flat as the present one is way to big. It was in the main lounge but too big for the flat.
I need support for my back. I want real comfort.
We set out to visit 3 stores. Went in the 1st one (Sofology) and they have an area for one off items and there, staring at us was a chair that ticked all the boxes. It's all electric. It reclines and raises/lowers/tilts to help me get up (future proofing).
Was £1400.
Now THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!
A good bargain.
I also ordered a matching 2 seater with no electrics.

Wow. That's some bargain. Well done for finding that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Funny true story which I had forgotten about. My granddaughter is very fair and quite petite. And has a wicked sense of humour.
Sadly, since puberty she has suffered gynecologic problems and may never have children.
So.......aged 14, petite and in school uniform she was in hospital with her Mum (my daughter). In there for the full day they went for a coffee.
Sat there, surrounded by people she suddenly blurts out loudly "l can't believe I'm pregnant AND so far gone".
Everyone was staring. My daughter was mortified.
Daughter was telling her to shut up but she continued with "I suppose we should start thinking of names".
I wish it could have been recorded.

Top Bottom