The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Epistle part 2.... could only happen to me.
We had gone to Home Bargains, mainly for bird food. Daughter was pushing the trolley.
We couldn't find it. I saw this assistant packing a shelf.....back to me. Very long blond hair.
I went up and said "excuse me love" SHE turned round and SHE was a HE.
Daughter nearly wet herself and had to walk off.
He was not amused.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP dropped, accidentally, she says, a glass of water onto the bedside radio alarm clock which switched itself on. It won't turn off now.
I think it was a deliberate ploy to get a new DAB smart charging radio alarm all singing and dancing model.
This one is about 40 years old, but did the job until this morning. 🤔

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Epistle part 2.... could only happen to me.
We had gone to Home Bargains, mainly for bird food. Daughter was pushing the trolley.
We couldn't find it. I saw this assistant packing a shelf.....back to me. Very long blond hair.
I went up and said "excuse me love" SHE turned round and SHE was a HE.
Daughter nearly wet herself and had to walk off.
He was not amused.

I had that, walking up the road a taxi driver stopped and shouted out "excuse me Miss"....................

I've already volunteered to be the parish rep on an active travel advisory panel at the district carncil. That way they'll actually have someone who actually rides a bike with with benefit of some formal professional expertise and qualifications giving their two-penneth.

Sorry but
you are going to introduce experience and "common sense" into cycle lane design?????

whatever next!!!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Dog walked, house tidied, bass/mando/geetar practiced, Carrera ebike cleaned and lubed, battery placed on charge.

Had a blood test on Monday - result appeared on the website thingy this morning

quite a few things flagged as "Abnormal" - including a lot of stuff that look Iron related
which is no surprise as I have been on iron tablets for over a year

anyway - got a text from the GP surgery asking me to ring up and make an appointment to talk about it

fair enough

problem is that it is down as a routine appointment
and the first one available is 1st MAY

May for Pete's sake!!

I just hope this lack of iron is not causing some problem somewhere deep down or is caused by something serious

better stop now before it goes all NACA!

Drago

Legendary Member
Lol I didn’t know your parish council is run like North Korea and Russia 😂😂😀

Note to self: Exlaser2 for political reeducation to face firing squad.

I've taken my first step on the short road to Number 10. Bikes on the NHS, Rosamund Pike presenting the TV weather in a swimsuit, and 10% reduction in income tax for those that cycle to work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom