The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The rain has stopped, but the enthusiasm to clean the car has gone :sad:
cheese and tomato toastie for lunch

Mine is badly needing done too. I know what you mean about the green stuff.

I bought a decent brush to do a hand wash and tried a bit the other day but the handle is quite narrow and I find my hands get sore and cramped. As an experiment I have sent away for some adhesive handlebar tape and going to try and wrap the handle to make it thicker and grippier.

Dave7

Legendary Member
While it's not raining I have filled the various bird feeders.
I am now going to scoff potato waffles, sausages and egg (maybe 2 eggs).
Might even sneak a cheeky glass of Shiraz in :smile:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I've already volunteered to be the parish rep on an active travel advisory panel at the district carncil. That way they'll actually have someone who actually rides a bike with with benefit of some formal professional expertise and qualifications giving their two-penneth.

Oh no! You have it all wrong, they will not want someone who knows what they are talking about! You need to brush up on your meaningless sound-bites 😀

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Note to self: Exlaser2 for political reeducation to face firing squad.

I've taken my first step on the short road to Number 10. Bikes on the NHS, Rosamund Pike presenting the TV weather in a swimsuit, and 10% reduction in income tax for those that cycle to work.

Jeez Drago ! and it's only your first day , you'll end up exhausted at this rate . Remember " absolute power corrupts absolutely ". :stop:

postman

Legendary Member
This one is about 40 years old, but did the job until this morning. 🤔
How old is Paulus i ask myself.

classic33

Leg End Member
Part 1 of my epistle.
I wanted new furniture for my flat as the present one is way to big. It was in the main lounge but too big for the flat.
I need support for my back. I want real comfort.
We set out to visit 3 stores. Went in the 1st one (Sofology) and they have an area for one off items and there, staring at us was a chair that ticked all the boxes. It's all electric. It reclines and raises/lowers/tilts to help me get up (future proofing).
Was £1400.
Now THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!
A good bargain.
I also ordered a matching 2 seater with no electrics.
"Ole Sparky"!

Top Bottom