The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. It’s lovely sunny day here in Coventry at the moment but rain is on its way by lunch time . Think I will run the lawn mower over the back lawn while it’s dry as the forecast is for showers all week.
Have a good day everyone.

Talking of people that no longer post , did we ever find out why Dave r left ?

He was a nice guy and helped me out a couple of times.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I changed to a heat pump drier when my condensing one went. I have some issues, although they say it uses about half of the energy of a standard drier, it seems to take a lot longer to dry, the inside of the drum never seems to get hot, just slightly warm. I'm not certain I would buy another one when this one packs in (probably the day after the warranty expires).

The drying time is important to me and is one of the issues Google raised.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
The drying time is important to me and is one of the issues Google raised.
As an example, we only really use it for bedding and towels. We used to dry bedding in 45-60 mins in the old condenser, this one can take anything up to 1.1/2 to 2 hours if it's thick bedding. It sort of negates the point of being more energy efficient if it's taking twice as long. AND it wasn't cheap to buy.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Morning all. It’s lovely sunny day here in Coventry at the moment but rain is on its way by lunch time . Think I will run the lawn mower over the back lawn while it’s dry as the forecast is for showers all week.
Have a good day everyone.

Talking of people that no longer post , did we ever find out why Dave r left ?

Dave R is sadly missed on this forum , he is indeed a great guy and the attention he gave to his lady wife was a lesson to me in how to be respectful to my mrs . 12 boy would post here occasionally from the USA and he too is missed. I think Mo contacted Dave R and he is ok. Was glad when Drago came back and Numbnuts resurfaced ! Keep well everybody , i love reading your posts .

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I just read a story that someone has mistaken the furry pompom from the top of a hat for a baby hedgehog

They wrapped it in a towel, and put it into a box with food and water and a hot water bottle and left of outside an animal hospital In Kent for the staff to find in the morning. :laugh:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I just read a story that someone has mistaken the furry pompom from the top of a hat for a baby hedgehog

They wrapped it in a towel, and put it into a box with food and water and a hot water bottle and left of outside an animal hospital In Kent for the staff to find in the morning. :laugh:

I wonder if they would do that for a homeless person.......no thought not

Hello all

Not been around for a while due to a short holiday in Scotland

summary - it rained

more detailed - went on a Distillery tour in Oban which was good

anyway - some good news - just done the "AI Death Calculator" and based on a "couch potato" lifestyle and a 50:50 healthy eating/sweet treats it reckons I will live to be 95!!!!

I think my wife will be horrified!!!!

Personally event am horrified - not by the prediction but by the lack of questions and high result based on fairly bad answers based on all available health advise!!

anyway - sorry to have missed out - have I missed much

Has it rained on Mo??

What have Dave cooked in an air fryer??

What has Drago been up to??

and mostly - does anyone care??

Hello all

Not been around for a while due to a short holiday in Scotland

summary - it rained

more detailed - went on a Distillery tour in Oban which was good

anyway - some good news - just done the "AI Death Calculator" and based on a "couch potato" lifestyle and a 50:50 healthy eating/sweet treats it reckons I will live to be 95!!!!

I think my wife will be horrified!!!!

Personally event am horrified - not by the prediction but by the lack of questions and high result based on fairly bad answers based on all available health advise!!

anyway - sorry to have missed out - have I missed much

Has it rained on Mo??

What have Dave cooked in an air fryer??

What has Drago been up to??

and mostly - does anyone care??

Addendum

Told my wife about the death calculator and she was Ok with it

Because she is planning on going first

doesn't want to be stuck in this house miles away from family with no-one in the house who can drive her everywhere!!!

well - at least I know my place!!

Top Bottom