The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have just been to vote

My wife suggested that we walk - which was a surprise.
She managed it OK - furthest she has actually managed to walk for years!!

and she just suggested it herself!

REALLY pleased that she even wanted to try - I was expecting to leave her there and come back to get the car!

Anyway - more importantly - no dogs seen at Polling Station

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Went out earlier via the petrol station, to get 5ltrs of fresh juice for the Bantam. Dropped in to Watchet town on the way back in order to vote.
I've cleared an area at the top of my workshop and put up a new sturdy bench to stand my lathe on.
Finished the Bantam and fired it up. Had a little spin up and down the road and everything mechanical seems to be working OK. :okay:
Just got the front brake and the lighting to sort out now.

Exlaser2

Veteran
It is 20 years since I have done any work on a lathe.

It’s similar for me , I havnt used one since a couple of years after I finished my apprenticeship.
The scary thing is that must mean it’s 40 years ago. 😀

Another visit to my friend to help out with a bit of DIY, saw three of the tortoises in their mini greenhouse. The smaller ones are " normal " size, the larger one is about 18" long .

IMG_5554.jpeg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My workshop's big........but not that big!
I don't need anything like that anyway.
Most of the stuff I would make is small bushes, journals etc and it will only get occasional use, so a small lathe does the job.
I opted for one of the Chinese mini lathes - it'll do anything I need.

View attachment 729401

My husband has a Unimat 3. Cracking little lathes and quite the collector's item nowadays.

Exlaser2

Veteran
My workshop's big........but not that big!
I don't need anything like that anyway.
Most of the stuff I would make is small bushes, journals etc and it will only get occasional use, so a small lathe does the job.
I opted for one of the Chinese mini lathes - it'll do anything I need.

View attachment 729401

Looks like a good bit of kit.

The funny thing is, just looking at the picture is making me remember the smell of the cooling oil . 😀 I can remember coming home from work and having a shower and still smelling of the stuff. 😀
It could of been worse, my best friend at the time was working as a fishmonger. 😂😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom