The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooeeee. 11 deg here. Its a bit dull but at least it's dry.

Shopping day for us , then I might pick Mr WD tablets from the Dr's.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Dave7

Legendary Member
G'day cobbers.
A bit on the gray side here but set to be warm.
A (serious) question for you. My son and DiL love eating out and spend serious money on it. Last night they sent me the menu from where they had gone.
The soup was the LEAST expensive starter at £8.50 !!!
Am I living in the past or is that ridiculous?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
G'day cobbers.
A (serious) question for you. My son and DiL love eating out and spend serious money on it. Last night they sent me the menu from where they had gone.

It's ridiculous, then again its been about 20 years since I ate out anywhere and I daresay costs have Increased a lot in that time. Rents, rates, power, food costs, wages etc ain't cheap these days.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
G'day cobbers.

We are quite lucky in Crieff. Some decent places to eat. This is what I would call a high end cafe that serves all day and everything freshly cooked. It’s run by a local butcher and his family and is extremely popular.

IMG_0305.png

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off to Bridgwater for some shopping this morning.
Might stop off for lunch on the way back.
Eating out has got more expensive, particularly over the last 18 months. Our Sunday lunches are generally around the £40 mark now - a 25% increase on last year. Even Wetherspoons isn't as cheap as it used to be. We've cut down slightly on eating out, from about 3 - 4 times a week to 2 - 3 times. Still end up spending around £150 a week in pubs though. We'll someone has to keep the industry afloat! ;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
More realistic to me.

My neighbour and I popped in for filled rolls the other day. I had a roll with black pudding and egg and a pot of tea. Think she had Lorne sausage and egg. Just over a tenner and there was two large slices of lovely moist black pudding on my roll. They are very generous with their serving.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My neighbour and I popped in for filled rolls the other day. I had a roll with black pudding and egg and a pot of tea. Think she had Lorne sausage and egg. Just over a tenner and there was two large slices of lovely moist black pudding on my roll. They are very generous with their serving.

It really shouldn't be called black pudding........it is congealed blood with lumps of fat in it xx(xx(

Top Bottom