The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
For the sake of clarity, " Jennifer " is Mrs Tkk's Brommie 😀

I got the wrong impression there.😁

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A busy day here, I've washed the kitchen and back room floor. Cleaned the carpets in the hall and front room. Repaired next doors bikes. Watched the Giro so now I'm cooking chicking chassuer with green beans and sautee potatoes..
The weather has been sunny warm but rain is forecast for this evening.
Another busy day in paradise.

screenman

Legendary Member
It was a busy day. I spent two hours ironing (I am not very fast at it), then went to see the women's race in Lincoln, looked around the shops, and went back home to take myself out on the bike. I'm having egg salad for dinner tonight. I just realized I missed lunch today as well.

Gunk

Guru
It's about time it was dropped for good.

That’s exactly what we were saying this morning

Well that was a weird day

Got up and came downstairs - all seemed OK - opened the patio doors
had breakfast and coffee - all as usual
I was early but I knew that we were taking the grand-daughter climbing this afternoon so needed to be at home by 11 - so I decided I could manage a shortish ride if I left by 9:15 ish
SO got ready and everything then went to shut the patio doors - they would not lock
not at all!

Turns out that they had not locked last night when SWMBO went to bed - so she closed them and left them for me to sort out

I found a small pebble jammed into the hole that the lock goes into
Funnily enough it was EXACTLY the sort of pebble tha the youngest grand-kid had been facinated by the previous day - and had been told to put back wher he found them
Seems like he found a nice snug place to put one of them!
took be ages to prise it out with a small screwdriver

Went for a ride - got to the airport and has a quick can of coke and set off again - hooing to ride to the control tower as the birds in the hedgerows are amazing at this time of year
But the ebike controller came up saying "503 error"
B****r - LBS updated the software yesterday and with it being Bosch only the gods know what that could end up as
anyway - motor assist didn;t work - then did - and the speedometer said 2 mph when I was going about 10-12

stopped after a few hundred yards when it was obvious that the speed detector was playing up and found it hanging outt the frame - looks like the pastic body of it has cracked
B****r - bloomin Bosch
anyway - fiddled with it (jammed it in place) and it started working so I set off home hoping it would hold on

anyway - got home and it fell off again - lucky it didn;t get caught up in the spokes!!!

then went to get the grand-duaghter for climbing
got back easrly and her Dad had gone shopping and picked their Mum up from work
so I decided to help out and trim the bush in their front garden - mostly for me and it overhangs the drive and annoys me!

managed to trim a small bit and them very effectively trimmed the cable!!!
flash bang and the electric for the whole house stopped!!!!!

not popular as the wifi went off!!

luckily I have done that before (not my fault!!!) so I knew where the "fuse box" is

so 3 problems in one day

tomorrow had better be less weird!!¬!

classic33

Leg End Member
Well that was a weird day

Got up and came downstairs - all seemed OK - opened the patio doors
had breakfast and coffee - all as usual
I was early but I knew that we were taking the grand-daughter climbing this afternoon so needed to be at home by 11 - so I decided I could manage a shortish ride if I left by 9:15 ish
SO got ready and everything then went to shut the patio doors - they would not lock
not at all!

Turns out that they had not locked last night when SWMBO went to bed - so she closed them and left them for me to sort out

I found a small pebble jammed into the hole that the lock goes into
Funnily enough it was EXACTLY the sort of pebble tha the youngest grand-kid had been facinated by the previous day - and had been told to put back wher he found them
Seems like he found a nice snug place to put one of them!
took be ages to prise it out with a small screwdriver

Went for a ride - got to the airport and has a quick can of coke and set off again - hooing to ride to the control tower as the birds in the hedgerows are amazing at this time of year
But the ebike controller came up saying "503 error"
B****r - LBS updated the software yesterday and with it being Bosch only the gods know what that could end up as
anyway - motor assist didn;t work - then did - and the speedometer said 2 mph when I was going about 10-12

stopped after a few hundred yards when it was obvious that the speed detector was playing up and found it hanging outt the frame - looks like the pastic body of it has cracked
B****r - bloomin Bosch
anyway - fiddled with it (jammed it in place) and it started working so I set off home hoping it would hold on

anyway - got home and it fell off again - lucky it didn;t get caught up in the spokes!!!

then went to get the grand-duaghter for climbing
got back easrly and her Dad had gone shopping and picked their Mum up from work
so I decided to help out and trim the bush in their front garden - mostly for me and it overhangs the drive and annoys me!

managed to trim a small bit and them very effectively trimmed the cable!!!
flash bang and the electric for the whole house stopped!!!!!

not popular as the wifi went off!!

luckily I have done that before (not my fault!!!) so I knew where the "fuse box" is

so 3 problems in one day

tomorrow had better be less weird!!¬!
One question, what's weird about any of that?

Top Bottom