The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Good morning all fellow retirees.
It's raining and will be for most of the day. :rain:
I've got a doctors appointment this morning, a test and check. My doctor's surgery called me and made it for me at a local clinic, not my doctors place. I'm interested in what it is for. I'll cycle there and then continue to the local shops for some essentials.
Other than that it will be the normal dog walking, domestics and then watching some sport on the telly or listening to the football on the radio.

You don't know what it is for?

AAA scan?

screenman

Legendary Member
New record set here for me, only 27 minutes and 17 seconds, extremely pleased with myself as I knock a few seconds off each week.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Pleasant morning of fettling in my workshop.
Just waiting for a couple of minor parts to finish off the Bantam engine. They should be here mid week.

IMG_20240427_104931490.jpg

IMG_20240427_110057995.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Chicken goujons with fries :hungry:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. I am back from my trip down the copper mine. It was a very informative experience but hard going with walking bent double in water and mud after climbing down a steel ladder about 10 metres to get to it. I found out that the population of Llandudno was only 400 inhabitants in 1855 and is now just under 15000!! In those days, they all worked down the mine , 6 hours a day with just a candle for lighting. I have been cycling past the man hole ( the entrance ) many times without paying any attention to it. I will now.
I will spend the rest of the day recovering now as my legs are aching and enjoying the sunshine.

I had the AAA scan a couple of years back.
It was a for regular check up on my blood pressure and blood tests.
It's all part of preventative health measures.

My wife had a review a week or so ago
blood pressure and all that - as we are new to the surgery we thought it was just a general thing

But no - she was asked if she taking half an asprin a day?
which she isn;t for the simple reaosn that no-one has every suggested it - and no-one has ever mentioned any problems that may make it a good idea.
The Pharmacist - because it was mainly a drug review - pointed out the disgnosis of hardening of the arteies and some kind of heart disease
Which was rather a surprise - she had never heard of this

Looks like, when she had a CT scan a few years ago it showed up several things +
Salut. I am back from my trip down the copper mine. It was a very informative experience but hard going with walking bent double in water and mud after climbing down a steel ladder about 10 metres to get to it. I found out that the population of Llandudno was only 400 inhabitants in 1855 and is now just under 15000!! In those days, they all worked down the mine , 6 hours a day with just a candle for lighting. I have been cycling past the man hole ( the entrance ) many times without paying any attention to it. I will now.
I will spend the rest of the day recovering now as my legs are aching and enjoying the sunshine.

I know where the entrance is - although never got round to going down there when I lived there!

apparently in the very old days they lived on the top of the Great Orme and their fields were at the bottom - where the sea come in now

Top Bottom