The shed thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
cant comment on the room but make sure you alarm it or have a big dog or something shed thefts are common round my way.

gbb

Legendary Member
8x6 for me, 5 bikes fit ok.

Look carefully at the door position MrPaul....i made sure mine was in the middle to give easy access / egress for the bikes. My last shed had the door at one end, it limited how you could place the bikes inside.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think our shed is 8 x 6 - we have 5 bikes in there - and a lawn mower across the width ... I wouldn't say it was spacious but just do-able?

If it's sideways opening, 3 bikes I would say. Sideways sheds are a right pain though as you always want the bike at the back.

Can you put it against a wall? I had a blacksmith make me a U bar which bolted to the wall and I cut a slot in the shed, put the shed in place and could therefore lock the bikes to the U bar.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mine's 8 ft wide, with the door in the middle of the 8ft , so the sheds 6 ft deep. My bikes sit in there ok, with just a slight angling of the h/bars. 3 bikes on one side, 2 on the other. You do have to move the bikes a bit if you want one of the ones furthest away from the door, but it's no problem.

If you can find a good shed outlet (not B&Q fer chrissakes :angry: ), they will usually tailor it to your specs.

domtyler

Über Member
If you want to know how much space you get with a 6x8 shed, it is 48 square feet. Whereas with a 5x7 you would only get 35.

bonj2

sheds are actually quite a good idea. I wonder what the biggest shed you can build is? and I wonder how easy it is to make a smooth concrete floor or whether you need "l33t bu1Lding skillz".

bonj2

see i'm planning on moving to a house with a garage.
But if I could quite easily build a MASSIVE shed i wouldn't need a garage. Do you ever need planning permission for a shed?

Top Bottom