The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at WIndy (weather web site and app) it looks a LOT windier out at sea

probably not a good day to take a little boat out of harbour!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
WINDY!

The wind has been roaring outside for many hours. In fact it is blowing INSIDE the house too... All the exterior doors and windows in the house are shut but the wind is forcing gusts of air through the house. It is probably getting in through the airbricks in the cellar. The door to this room just blew open!!! :eek:
Ghost of an old, and long deceased, millworker?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ghost of an old, and long deceased, millworker?
The original owners/tenants 150-odd years ago probably were millworkers but I can't blame the wind on them unless they are subjecting half the country to it!

It is interesting to think back on the history of oldish buildings like this. I got chatting to the man doing one gas safety check here and he told me that he had grown up in this house about half a century ago. The building had been changed a lot since then.

The wind died down for a while but it is picking up again now. All cycling plans cancelled for today!

It's "hang on to your head" weather in this corner of East Cambs today too. Walk with a friend and her dogs earlier, but we cut it short because it was just a bit *too* wild. Plenty of fainting bins in the village.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went out for a walk which lasted for a couple of hundred yards before I decided it was too dangerous and I would get blown over.
At the same time a text message told me the Fishnish/ Lochaline ferry was doing its last trip today at 1309 due to high wind.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend gave me his redundant mini-greenhouse in the spring. That had blown over in strong winds a few months ago so I had righted it, and then weighed it down with a paving slab on its base. I just looked in my back yard - the upper part has been snapped off by the wind! :eek:

It is scrap now. I dashed out and disassembled it to stop it doing a tour of Todmorden during the rest of the storm! ^_^

Jody

Stubborn git
Pity. I'm always on the lookout for free/cheap wood for turning :smile:

Whilst not going on a massive thread diversion, I have a contorted hazel being chopped down next year and didn't know if the trunk would be any good for making something.

I keep getting wood turning videos pop up on my Youtube. Very satisfying to watch

Top Bottom