The worst tyres you've ever had

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Schwalbe Marathon. If feels like riding though hot tar.
Michelin Wildslipper. Flimsy knobblies that visibly "walk" around corners.
Continental anything with strings that come off and catch in the brakes when the tyre gets a bit older.
Any road tyre with tread - bogus stuff.

S-Express

I had one of the first iterations the Specialized's Armadillo road tyres - they made any bike feel like it was riding on wooden cartwheels.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Pirelli Phantoms on my motorbike , stuck like shoot to a shovel, didn't last 2 minutes, followed by Yokohama !
If you haven't already done it, never ever fit Metzelers to anything capable of more than 25 mph.. No feedback at all, they felt as if I had tied planks of wood to my wheels. Bridgestone, Pirelli Angel, or Michelin for me these days.

U

User33236

Worst tyres I've ever had were Specialized Nimbus Armadillos. Moved to them following a spate of punctures on previous tyres, that came with the bike, and found the Armadillos punctured even more to the point I was ready to throw the bike in the bin and give up cycling.

D

Deleted member 1258

Hutchinson "Blue line" kevler, a 1980's abomination. No grip, as supple as tungston and regular sidewall failures.

If I remember correctly the first puncture resistant tyres we had round here were Hutchinson, they weren't bad, rolled OK were a lot more puncture resistant than anything else we'd ridden, the problem with them was the tread on them could start to come away from the side walls, I replaced a lot of them when they still had life in them because of this, they were also prone to sidewall punctures.

D

Deleted member 1258

The worst tyres I've ridden were a cheapy pair I brought, I had been unemployed/doing agency work and had only just got back in full time work, I was skint but had to have new tyres for the commuter, I can't remember what they were called but I was having punctures every week with them, as soon as I could afford it I replaced them with decent tyres.

clid61

Veteran
If you haven't already done it, never ever fit Metzelers to anything capable of more than 25 mph.. No feedback at all, they felt as if I had tied planks of wood to my wheels. Bridgestone, Pirelli Angel, or Michelin for me these days.
I'll keep that in mind thanks

Top Bottom